Thermal Solar Power

Adds the ability to build an early to mid game thermal solar complex with built-in energy storage for the night with varied features.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Power

g how easy it is to change the code prototype?

5 years ago

i think what would work : change the solar pannels into nuclear reaktor prototype instad of heatpipes, would allow a nearby bonus

or even porrible to do the same for normal pipes like black colored heating pipes that warm up the liquids inside ?
if possible i would like to do the black ones into a mod and implement it into luzivras power

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I would have to completely rewrite the panels and I really don't have the intention to do so

If you want panels disguised reactors I suggest you take a look at https://mods.factorio.com/mod/adv_heat

But a warning: reactors are much more complex than heat pipes, to make them behave like solar panels you need real programmer skills, it's not just tweaking numbers

The default behavior of solar panels, heat pipes, and reactors are completely different from each other, but because of heat-pipes are so simple I could make them produce power with only a few lines of code

As a modder, you have to stop thinking about the game entities as real objects and understand the code behind them, only then you will be able to make them behave differently than the standard behavior

New response