Better Bots Technologies

Adds more technologies for roboports and robots, including additional roboports charge pads and expanded bot power cells. Instead of giving them out for free like many other mods, this one strives to blend into the existing game balance.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistic network

g Blueprint doesn't capture circuit connections

6 years ago

I'm loading and unloading robots into my roboports using the circuit network to decide if more are needed; I took a blueprint including the modded roboport, and it doesn't capture the circuit network connections, meaning I need to manually reconnect things every time I place that particular blueprint.

As a workaround, I could create the blueprint in a game without any upgrades unlocked, but that's only slightly less annoying than having to manually place circuit connections.

Perhaps instead of replacing the roboport, you could place an invisible roboport that has the added features?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hi

I'm sorry but most probably this isn't something I can easily fix. To be able to blueprint upgraded roboports, I have an invisible extra entity placed on top of them that can be picked up by the blueprinting tool but of course this entity doesn't have any circuit network connection.

There are events for bluepint creation (that's how I'm able to swap a proper robport instead of the dummy entity during the BP creation process: I intercept the bp creation event and turn each dummy entity into a vanilla roboport), but I don't know if it's possible to work on the wire connections at this stage.

I need to do more research into this subject, if this is something I'm able to fix, it will be done in the next release!

Thanks

New response