|Created:||2 years ago|
|Latest Version:||1.3.7 (a month ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.18|
Better Bots Technologies
Adds useful new technologies to the tech tree that improve the existing bot experience!
Included in this version:
- Roboport charge pads: Increase the number of roboport charge pads by up to 4 extra and increase the roboport power output, so your bots can refill way faster (upgrades all existing and future roboports on the map!)
- Worker robot power cells: Increase the flying range of your bots by giving them extra energy reserves! This technology has infinite levels and a cost scaling similar to the Worker Robot Flying Speed technology.
- Wired roboports: Allows your roboports to wire directly into nearby power poles for power (and nearby roboports too, once upgraded!). The wire goes up to the big power pole range.
- Roboport power field: Allows your roboports to power nearby structures, up to 2 tiles away from them, like classic power poles.
- Roboport sensor array: Scans the area around your roboports and reveal it on the minimap! Higher tech levels increase the scan range up to the whole construction area.
I'd like to give a big shout-out to Afforess for his mod Big Brother and the stdlib; this is my first complete mod and i've learned so much from your work!
- When uninstalling the mod, if you simply toggle it off and reload the game, all the upgraded roboports will get deleted. To avoid this, i've included a mini-GUI from which you can reset all the roboports to their original state (this will also un-research any roboport related tech in the process). After doing this and saving the map, it will be safe to remove the mod (unfortunately this is a limitation of the modding framework itself)
- This mod hasn't been tested in multiplayer.
- Applying a blueprinted roboport over an existing upgraded roboport doesn't work, since the game considers them different entities. You need to either remove the placed roboport or shift-click to place the blueprint
- After researching Wired roboports, there won't be a "tell" while placing roboports about whether or not they will be connected. There's also no way to connect/disconnect them by holding a copper cable with the mouse cursor. All the connections are handled automatically.
- After researching Roboport power field, hovering your mouse over a roboport won't show the blue power area around the roboport. It will show, however, when placing new structures.
- Researching a new level of the Advanced Roboports technology while there are ghost roboports (from a blueprint) on the map will sever any circuit connection those ghosts may have. Either build them before the upgrade or place the blueprint again.
- If you try to filter a Deconstruction Planner for roboports, you will find different selectable roboports in the filter (one for each level of the Advanced Roboport technology). You need to choose the right one for the Deconstruciton Planner to apply correctly.
If you have any ideas or suggestions you want to see implemented into this mod (or balance changes, or anything really, even questions on how this mod was made!) just use the "Discussion" tab and let me know!