Bugs Rule Everywhere Around Me (B.R.E.A.M.)

At night, bugs can hatch out of any patch of unlit dirt. Defend against attacks from all sides. Configurable.

Tweaks
9 days ago
Enemies

i Great idea - Safe area suggestions

13 days ago

I love this idea! After my current run, i will definitely try this!

When I was reading the description I was thinking about creating safe spaces, lamps would provide safe areas, and have bricks/concrete as option to be safe.

Things to do to make lamps energy compsution a lot higher, but that might become "unrealistic"?
How about making brick/concrete way more expensive + way longer crafting times? (10xcosts + 4x crafting time ?)
Or perhaps only concrete is 100% spawn proof, and bricks 50%?
Or how about a double criterium, for example: flooring + power coverage won't spawn biters. Or concrete + lamp coverage

Finally the following mod could work well with this mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/biterproof

9 days ago
(updated 9 days ago)

Good ideas, thanks!

Or how about a double criterium, for example: flooring + power coverage won't spawn biters. Or concrete + lamp coverage

Good idea, I made a new version of the mod that has an option for "lit safe tiles" meaning tiles like concrete only count if they're lit by nearby lamps or daytime.

Or perhaps only concrete is 100% spawn proof, and bricks 50%?

I like this idea of upgrading your spawn protection with better tiles. Though if I put this in now with the rest of the mod staying the same, then the bricks preventing spawns half the time would make pollution build up on the bricks, so when enemies do spawn the swarm would be 2x larger.

New response