Auto Deconstruct

by mindmix

This mod marks drills that have no more resources to mine for deconstruction.

Utilities
5 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Mining

b no deconstruction when miner is part of a circuit network

8 months ago

Title says it mostly.
I discovered this when designing a mining setup that calculates the ore/s automatically based on number of miners where each miner is connected to the circuit network to count the number of active miners. When some of those miners ran out of ores in their range the where not scheduled for deconstruction as i was expecting.

robot256 β˜†
8 months ago

That's on purpose. You only need one miner to measure the ore left in an ore patch, and it stays linked even after that miner runs out. It's assumed that removing a circuit connected miner might break a circuit between two other devices, so better to avoid it.

8 months ago

i am not trying to measure the ore left in the patch though i am trying to measure how many miners are still excavating said patch to calculate the ore/s output of the outpost and for that it is necessary to connect circuits to every single miner.

i do agree that the potential to break other circuit designs with deconstructing the miner might occur so not deconstructing makes sense

7 months ago

@nachtaktiv - I had a similar issue so I created a patch that adds an option to remove miners connected to wires

https://github.com/softmix/AutoDeconstruct/pull/28

New response