Asteroid Mining

by Silari

Allows sending rockets into space to mine for asteroid bits, which can be refined into raw materials for infinite ores. Includes all 5 vanilla ores, plus Bob's Ores and Angel's support. Now with partial Krastorio 2 support. Advanced Mode (in beta) allows generating resource patches for mining using gathered materials, with rates based on the ore generation settings of the surface. Support for multiple surfaces is included, along with Space Exploration support.

Content
6 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Mining

i [Done] Titanium and Lead support

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi! I maintain two mods that supply ores: Titanium and Lead. They are designed to be compatible with Krastorio 2. I was considering creating configs for this mod (in part because I'd love to try it out!), but it seems a little complex, and I have a question:

Would I have to design multiple configs -- Titanium alone, Lead alone, Titanium & Lead, and then each of those with Krastorio 2, or would they fit well under "singles.lua" without rebalance?

3 years ago

Usually for one offs they just get an entry into singles.lua. Nothing is really needed beyond the name of the ore to add, and a tint to use for the chunks. If you want to tell me those, I can get them added in the next version. The script checks to see if the name exists, and doesn't add anything if it doesn't, so it doesn't separate configs for each possible combo.

The complicated bits are if you want to rebalance the chunk amounts. That requires figuring out the total cost of a rocket, breaking it down into the component ore costs, and setting new results to use for mixed chunks and resource specific chunks. Then doing it again because you need normal and expensive mode. Generally I haven't bothered for most of them due to the work involved - the Krastorio 2 stuff hasn't been fully rebalanced itself.

3 years ago

Ah cool, that makes sense. Here's my attempt at entries for singles. I needed to decimals to get Lead to look ok, hope that is ok, I'm not that familiar with tinting icons ;)

Not sure if they conflict with anything in angels or bobs, so if you need to wrap with a mod check, the mods in question are https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bzlead and https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bztitanium

if data.raw.resource["lead-ore"] then
        addtype("lead-ore", {a = 0.6, r = .1, g = 0, b = .05})
    end
    if data.raw.resource["titanium-ore"] then
        addtype("titanium-ore", {a = 0.8, r = 40, g = 70, b = 110})
    end
3 years ago

Done and released, now that 1.1 is stable.

3 years ago

Thanks! Will give it a try.

New response