Armoured Biters

by CybranM

Adds a new type of enemy to the game called "Snappers" with custom sprites and animations. They're heavily armoured but slower than regular biters. This mod is compatible with most other mods.

Content
9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

g A nest for Armoured biters

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi! These awesome lobsters deserve their own nest =)
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/nest_for_armoured_biters

3 years ago

Oh wow, nice job! I'm not much of a programmer but if you'd be interested you/we could integrate that into this mod as an option.

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago

Hi Cybranm. That would be a pleasure. I love your lobsters. Wanna add me as a colaborator? I can integrate what i did and make some other things as mod options. Before publish anything I can submit the mod for your aproval.

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago

Thanks for the invite. Do you have a discord ? Mine MFerrari#6561

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago

Already done this. What do you think about it ?
Version: 1.1.2
Date: 2021-03-04
General:
- Added new leviathan armoured biter (you can disable on mod option)
- Added area damage to behemoth and leviathan units
- Added separate spawner, with mod option to check surface moisture on enemy spawning
- Added missing damaged_trigger_effect,walking_sound, running_sound_animation_positions values to all units

3 years ago

Working fast I see :D
Only thing I'd add is an option to be able to turn off the new spawners if people want.
Do you have a discord or similar for faster communication?

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago

Yes discord MFerrari#6561

3 years ago

Ah, I'm blind

3 years ago

Having a new spawner is cool, but is there a minimum range or evolution the new spawners need before they appear? I tried out the new option on a new map and went pretty far out (> 800 tiles) without seeing any. That means it takes a while before I encounter any snappers, whereas with the spawner option disabled I can be fighting snappers on the first nests. I assume the presence of grass means it was a wet climate, but maybe it was also a climate problem? This was without the ignore wet climate checkbox enabled.

(I do see them appear on newly generated chunks on my existing game, but that's a late-game map, so I've explored much more and have high evolution.)

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

For existing games, it is better not to add the spawner. It is recommended for new games. And the nest has an option for moisture check. If you disable this it should spawn random with the vanilla ones. Moisture checks is recommended for space exploration, for eg. Where you have arid planets and wet ones.

3 years ago

There is one problem. Using that startup setting causes desyncs.

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago

There is one problem. Using that startup setting causes desyncs.
Why do you say that?

3 years ago

Why? It pops up the "Mod contents are different even if version is same message".

MFerrari β˜†
3 years ago

Why? It pops up the "Mod contents are different even if version is same message".

got it! please try the new version

3 years ago

Great addition! What about renaming the armoured biter nest to snapper nest?

New response