Alternative Steam

Adds new steam generation options.

Content
2 years ago
0.15 - 1.1
Power

g Reactor Interface

6 years ago

Do you know if when this mod is updated: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/GotLag/Reactor%20Interface
Whether it will give circuit interfaces to this mod as well?

6 years ago

As it currently stands, no. GotLag's mod explicitly works only on entities named 'nuclear_reactor'. You could ask him to make it operate on all reactor entities and it should work then.

6 years ago

OK, thanks!

5 years ago

Good time of day.
Please tell me the mechanics of this mod.
For example, I create this reactor in the amount of 1 piece,
I put 6 (six) low-temperature temperature removers around it, transferring the steam to the turbines in the amount of 4 pieces ... everything seemed to be all right, but no - the turbines do not sink steam at 100%, as a result there is underloading of turbines and a power rate increase to 11 megawatts from the system.

the reason for this fall is not very clear, since the turbine alone must give out more than 5 megawatts? and 4 turbans should totally remove almost all the steam.

5 years ago

First, you should make a new topic if you're asking an unrelated question. Second, the coal power plant is not designed to be used with turbines, it's made to be used with steam engines. Look at the second picture in the gallery on the info page to see an example layout.

The reason it generates steam at 210C is because I was simulating an energy loss (boilers are 50% efficient) that was smaller than the ordinary boiler. It's not really meant to be used with turbines to regain that extra energy.

5 years ago

What you have indicated is not very obvious, in fact this was the question. because this issue is not described anywhere. Well, or did not find when looking for. Perhaps this, as well as information on the ratio of steam engines to reactors and pumps should be added to the description page of the plug.
thanks for the information.

New response