ClaustOrephobic

by Braxbro

A purely data-stage implementation of dangOreous-esque gameplay that supports map preview and (most) mods.

Scenarios
3 months ago
Environment

i Dividing lines at certain intervals

3 months ago

Hey Braxbro, thanks for making this mod! "the world is filled with ore" is a mod concept I really love, and it's cool that you were able to make it happen in the data stage.

A frustration I had a while back (DangOreus) was that later in the game, the "ore patch quantity" tallying operation (while in map view) would take a long time to get a count, and would frequently recount whenever mousing over the ore area. This was made worse by the fact I was playing with Omnimatter at the time, so the entire world was one giant continuous patch.

Is there a way to add some functionality that prevents ore generation along a line that's wide enough to stop the game from counting both sides as being part of the same ore patch? I'm not sure if it would end up creating too much free buildable space, but thought I would mention the idea to you since I am not familiar with the noise generation functions

3 months ago

Theoretically speaking, absolutely. I could even continue to populate those areas with the same ores. (basically, duplicate the ore and make it a distinct ore with the exact same properties, then make the duplicate ore spawn periodically)

It would, however, be fiddly to get working. (as noise functions overlapping creates some... fun... results that aren't always as you predict)

Would definitely be down to implement that in the 2.0 build of ClaustOrephobic, but that'll drop after the DLC does so that there's a Factorio 2.0-compatible ClaustOrephobic ASAP.

New response