ClaustOrephobic

by Braxbro

A purely data-stage implementation of dangOreous-esque gameplay that supports map preview and (most) mods.

Scenarios
3 months ago
Environment

b Fails start up with Exotic Industry

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Hey, i was checking out your mod for use with Exotic Instustries and got this error during start up.
I used only this mod and the default mods from the EI official mod pack. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/exotic-industries-modpack

Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Failed to load mod "zzz-claustorephobic": zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:234: attempt to index local 'upgrade' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:234: in main chunk

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I've tested this with 1.0.5 (the current release version) and this issue does not seem to occur. What version of ClaustOrephobic are you using, and have you tried removing mods one by one to narrow down the offending mod(s)?

I have made no changes to the affected lines in 1.0.5 either.

8 months ago

I've testest with the then lastest 1.0.4 and updated now to 1.0.5, however that still gives me a slightly different error. All other mods are the lastest on the mod portal. All mod settings are default. Running the lastest experimental version of factorio 1.1.91 (which just now got released as stable).

Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Failed to load mod "zzz-claustorephobic": zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:240: attempt to index local 'upgrade' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:240: in main chunk

I have now tested:
- removing all EI mods, running only what the mod pack ad -> works fine
- Only EI minimum (EI, EI: Graphics, Informatron) -> new error, see above

8 months ago

…One of these days I should add a debug setting for this stuff.

8 months ago

I've testest with the then lastest 1.0.4 and updated now to 1.0.5, however that still gives me a slightly different error. All other mods are the lastest on the mod portal. All mod settings are default. Running the lastest experimental version of factorio 1.1.91 (which just now got released as stable).

Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Failed to load mod "zzz-claustorephobic": zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:240: attempt to index local 'upgrade' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

I have now tested:
- removing all EI mods, running only what the mod pack ad -> works fine
- Only EI minimum (EI, EI: Graphics, Informatron) -> new error, see above

This bug is EXTREMELY strange. It seems like it happens when ClaustOrephobic picks up an upgrade of a machine before the lowest tier, so it can't find the upgrade to the lower tier machine as it's already changed the mask.

So I have good news and bad news.

Good news is, the fix is trivial and already implemented for 1.0.6. Bad news, however, is that 1.0.6 is waiting for the next Factorio version so I can apply the cliff fixes. I do not know when the next Factorio update is.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Hi, I find similar error with other mod.

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:240: attempt to index local 'upgrade' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

Only base game + ClaustOrephobic + Move Full Stacks
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MoveFullStacks

Factorio v 1.1.91 (it starts Factorio with all other mine mods in this version)
ClaustOrephobic1.1.0
Move Full Stacks 1.110.0

Update: I tested it in Factorio Experimental 1.1.92 and it have same error on startup.

8 months ago

Hi, I find similar error with other mod.

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: zzz-claustorephobic/data-final-fixes.lua:240: attempt to index local 'upgrade' (a nil value)
stack traceback:

Only base game + ClaustOrephobic + Move Full Stacks
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/MoveFullStacks

Factorio v 1.1.91 (it starts Factorio with all other mine mods in this version)
ClaustOrephobic1.1.0
Move Full Stacks 1.110.0

Update: I tested it in Factorio Experimental 1.1.92 and it have same error on startup.

I'm once again having issues replicating this. The intended fix for v1.0.6 apparently got dropped due to a version control issue, but I'll re-implement it for v1.1.1. Can one of you reach out to me on Discord so I can make sure that this fix works?

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

I'm once again having issues replicating this. The intended fix for v1.0.6 apparently got dropped due to a version control issue, but I'll re-implement it for v1.1.1. Can one of you reach out to me on Discord so I can make sure that this fix works?

I try help if Discord don't troll me again. I should be there with same nick.
Update: I send you friend request...

8 months ago

1.1.1 is released.

This thread has been locked.