Keniras Random Recipes

by Kenira

Randomizes recipes (amount of ingredients and products, crafting time) as well as many other things that can be toggled individually like belt speed, crafting speeds, energy consumption, weapon damage...

a month ago
0.15 - 1.1

g Some mods with containers get borked

4 years ago

I was playing Warptorio2 Extended, and a machine needed certain amounts of ingredients to be "repaired". I couldn't fit all the ingredients in because the storage space got random'd to be too small. I imagine the same would've likely happened if it was big enough, but then I got screwed on stack sizes. Only way I could get around it was editing the entity in question to have double the space it used to, which thankfully your mod only modified relatively (it still was decreased, but decreased from 2x the original amount).

I don't think there's any way around this, since I've seen other mods use a similar mechanic (building needs x resources). Figured I'd bring it up though, in case it happens to anyone else, and for you to be aware.

4 years ago

If you tell me exactly which parts i can prevent them from being randomized. Same for the items which shouldn't get their stack sizes messed with.

Also, for repairing stuff, is that done with recipes? If so, i'd need to know those recipes too to exclude them.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ingredients and entities (buildings) differ between mods, unfortunately. I only started playing your mod in .17, but there was a mod I was playing in .16 that could've had the same issue. Basically if a building has "repair" abilities, I've seen it implemented that the building is either requesting specific items (via a robotport requester-chest type interface) and consumes them as they come in, or it has an inventory and once the required ingredients are present, eats them, leaving any extras behind. Warptorio2 expansion uses 'broken' and 'wreck' in the names, but I don't think you can do a regex for those.

It was only a small issue, since I knew what was causing it and thought of a workaround. Maybe if an entity is a non-base entity you can ignore changing the inventory, or double it first because obviously stack sizes can get screwy (so it varies but like, from 150-250%, to accommodate when some stacks are crappy)

P.s. thank you for the mod, it does make things more interesting.

4 years ago

I won't make the mod increase inventories, i'd much rather just add exceptions when there are issues. I don't play myself any more though so i'm relying on other people's reports.

Also, the blacklist in the config file is a really easy way of excluding items from being randomized yourself.

New response