Beacon Rebalance

Beacon rebalance mod that emulates the balance of Space Exploration's beacons, including the overload mechanic. (Now with Krastorio 2 and Bob's/SeaBlock compatibility!)

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago

b Picker dollies exploit

1 year, 4 months ago

After seeing a screenshot of a machine operating despite knowing this mod being installed, I had to test for myself. I knew picker dollies was used. What was done, is to place down all the beacons to be placed, such that the beacon areas overlapped an area where a machine will get placed, but leave room for a machine to slide into place, then use picker dollies to slide the target machine into place.

What is expected. Machine is disabled when slid into the range of multiple beacons, and reenabled when slid out of range.

What actually happens. Machine is not validated for beacon range when the machine itself is moved by picker dollies rather than the beacon.

I did try sliding a second beacon into range of a machine, and as expected, the machine became disabled.

Notably, sliding a machine into range of multiple beacons does in-fact disable the machine in space exploration, like it should be.

1 year, 3 months ago

yeah, I was fixated on making sure the beacons themselves were done correctly, and I completely missed the machines... good news, though, it's a one line fix lmao. The update for that will be out soon.

New response