Beacon Rebalance

Beacon rebalance mod that emulates the balance of Space Exploration's beacons, including the overload mechanic. (Now with Krastorio 2 and Bob's/SeaBlock compatibility!)

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago

i Tier balance and purpose

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

I have two concerns, It's a little annoying to have beacon disable entity if two beacon overlap, I would prefer that if beacon overlap, only the closest beacon affect the entity but if my instinct are right it's not how you implement this mod, and it would probably complicated to do it. My other concern is the tier, it's may be only me but I don't like much tier in factorio, specially tier that change how you design your factory, having to rebuild all your factory is not fun, this mod provide (by default) 3 tiers but they are all pretty much unlock at the end at the same time, this mean, nobody would want to design 3 times it's factory for tier 1, 2 and 3 of beacon. Then you mostly never use tier 1 or 2.

These two concerns combined I end up with a idea: I thing we can make tier of beacon more useful at all tier if all beacon always have the same module slot, but only differ in area. This make the beacon much more flexible, when you design your factory you would use tier according to the area you want to not overlap beacon. I also think beacon should have the same size.

Feel free to not agree that just my 2 cents, nonetheless, love this mod (Earendel should split more its mod feature).

1 year, 7 months ago

yeah, it is an unfortunate consequence of the shortness of a vanilla game compared to space exploration that the time between tiers 1 and 3 isn't that big. So you can just beeline to tier 3 and it won't take you too long. As for having the beacons not overload entities, that would be much more complex and potentially laggy. Also, as for having the beacons be the same size and similar module effect, I have compatibility with bob's modules where the bob's beacons are exactly like that (but it doesn't affect my mod's beacons). I could add a setting to change my mod's beacons to work like that as well.

New response