Beacon Rebalance

Beacon rebalance mod that emulates the balance of Space Exploration's beacons, including the overload mechanic. (Now with Krastorio 2 and Bob's/SeaBlock compatibility!)

Tweaks
1 year, 3 months ago

g Could we have compatibility for FE+ Modules?

2 years ago

Hi!

I'm planning to do a megabase with your mod and see how well the SE beacon model works with semi vanilla bases and recipes.

But I also added some FE+ and there is a problem with adding your mod and: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorioExtended-Plus-Module

Looking quickly over the code it might be as easy as instead of adding "beacon2" and "beacon3" to the table, instead make them reference "beacon-mk2" and "beacon-mk3" from FE+ modules, plus an optional reference to that mod?

Thank you!

2 years ago

It's actually a simpler fix than that, all I need to do is put FE+ as an optional dependency, so it loads first, before my beacons make it into data.raw. However, this approach leaves the FE+ beacons with 2 slots and small range. Do you think I should upgrade FE+'s beacons?

2 years ago

Thanks for the quick response!

In the meantime I tried to fix it myself but got silly errors, so it is good to have somebody who knows modding on it.

I think you should upgrade/replace FE+ beacons with your beacons.

Here is how I see it:
- FE+ modules only: have FE+ modules and beacons
- Beacon Rebalance: have vanilla modules but SE styled beacons
- both: FE+ modules and SE styled beacons

How does that sound?

2 years ago

Currently I'm play-testing with your suggestion: add an optional dependency on FE+. So far so good, have modules, your beacons and 2 more from FE+.

2 years ago

Compatibility added. FE+ beacons are still accessible, but you need to either use commands to enable their recipe, or have it already unlocked in your save.

2 years ago

Thank you very much!

I upgraded to you fix and everything is smooth. No problems!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, there is a problem with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PickerDollies

If you use in on your beacons that area of the map makes all crafter disabled forever, even after the removal of the beacon. I'm guessing your cleanup code does not trigger when Picker "moves" the beacon.

2 years ago

yeah, I'll have to fix that. I tried to get it to work the other day, but was unsuccessful. in the meantime, just don't picker dolly them.

2 years ago

There is now picker dollies compatibility.

2 years ago

Awesome!

Thank you!

I will try it out... Probably after Elden Ring :P

2 years ago

Movement of Beacons does work.

So far everything else too.

Thank you!

New response