Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

g Change victory condition to be more warptorio-oriented

4 months ago

The vanilla victory condition of launching a single rocket doesn't really fit with the theme of Warptorio, and feels underwhelming as a victory condition in this mod.
I think the victory condition should be changed to something warp-related. Even something as simple as "warp home once" would be a great victory condition, which would require the player to research the Warptorio Homeworld research.
Some messages and tips in the game should be adjusted to reflect the victory condition so that players aren't confused about what they're supposed to do to win.

2 months ago

This has come up from time to time and it may or may not be added in the future, it's just not a priority right now and I am more focused on maintenance instead of adding new features. If this gets enough attention I might consider adding it.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

I wonder if this mod is a good mod to use to continue the game post vanilla victory condition: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/NewGamePlus

2 months ago

I'll agree on the "victory" condition, maybe selecting a planet as home should be it?

What about some story along the lines of "you suddenly remember you were experimenting on an isolated asteroid, which was destroyed in your failed experiment. So you decide to try to settle on a new world, on which you can continue your experiments.

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

This would be good for closure. Most of the story text you get from research implies you're trying to get home, which would imply victory upon researching "Warptorio Homeworld". I actually came here to comment about the tooltip text (the description on the right side of the screen) when mousing over the warp reactor after you unlock it. It talks about trying to fly away from your warp device that you've worked so hard to perfect, contradicting the rest of the story text I've seen so far.

I have to add though, this is a fantastic mod. Makes many gameplay aspects already present in the game that you normally wouldn't have a need for relevant and fun.

New response