Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

i Fix vague research descriptions and add some warnings

5 months ago

Researches need more warnings. I upgraded the west harvester platform for example, and it just deleted everything around it. no warning, just gone. I happened to add a containers mod so it cost me over 20k ore I had stored up. 90% of the research descriptions are very vague and other than the hazard concrete which while some won't at least I assumed it was a warning to not build there. but to simply erase my splitters and storage because they were close to the harvester platform because for quite a long time there is 0 room to build on that floor was a real kick in the pants.

4 months ago

Honestly this would be great. More details on researches. Like for the floor size ones, simply put "+3 radius" or somesuch. And for all the ones that overtake existing floor instead of the void, add a note that says anything within the expansion zone will be deleted, like for the Harvester sizes like mentioned above, as well as the logistic expansions and central building (i.e. Beacon, warp reactor, etc.) researches. While the hazard floor does give some indication, the Harvester rooms do not have them, and something more explicit in the descriptions will add a lot to new player understanding.

4 months ago

So, do the harvesters need hazard tiles around them which show the size of the next upgrade?
Putting "+3 radius" or such in the tech description, I don't think that is enough. Hazard tiles are the way to go here.

4 months ago

hazard would at least help. I assumed it would expand outwards, not in all 4 directions. loosing an angels silo full of ore really sucked

New response