Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

g Difficulty spikes by placing ANY building on the warp platform

9 months ago

The frequency and size of biter attack groups more than TRIPLED after researching Warp Platform Logistics 1, so I decided to run some slapdash experiments. My findings are thus, placing ANY building, even something as innocuous as a wooden chest, or having a building placed on the Warp Platform, like the loaders and pipes added by Warp Platform Logistics 1, will cause biters to siege the platform relentlessly! With no buildings on the platform, the attacks I get from a 20 Burner Miners and 20 Stone Furnace outpost are quite minimal in comparison, receiving about 5 attack groups within the first 10 minutes of planet entry.
Oh and, side note, the pollution created by the warp gate doesn't show up on the production statistics, that might have something to do with this strange behavior ? ( wild speculation on my part :D)

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

That could explain the difficulties I've been having, though to me it seems like it has something to do with the rate of pollution produced by the platform failing to reset on warp. I've checked the description of pollution mechanics multiple times, and I'm absolutely sure at this point: I am definitely not supposed to be getting this much pollution, this fast after a warp. I'm on my 8th planet, and the nearby water is turning dark green after less than 5 minutes. In the time it takes me to walk to the closest resource patch, drop down my mining setup with a few gun turrets, and walk back for more coal, I'm already starting to get regular groups of biters attacking.

Even after restarting the run once with difficulty settings turned down, and following all the earlygame advice I could find, it's just impossible to progress in this state. No matter what I do, at this rate of escalation pretty soon there will be no way to make enough gun turrets and ammo to keep up even if I dedicate all my iron to it, and only ever mine iron and coal. And I have been pretty heavy on the resource intake. Until it's fixed, I think I need to just turn off platform pollution entirely in the settings if I want to play at all. Which isn't something I want to do, because it kind of takes away a large part of the experience, I feel.

9 months ago

Like a deathworld, somehow finding time to push the closest nests will buy you a bunch of extra tile absorption. But that's also in the category of "early game advice that doesn't really help".

It's certainly spicy. I think it might have been conceived as a multiplayer scenario. I don't know if the platform pollutes proportional to the number of players, or if something like that is technically viable at all, or if it's something the mod could change to help in this situation.

New response