Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

g Alien biomes trees missing

11 months ago

When using alien biomes the regular planets intended to be nauvis-like only have dead trees.
Something is not working with the autoplace settings. Uncharted world works fine, but most others don't.

I made a hacky 'fix' in the form of a console command, though it doesn't produce the intended behaviour and just copies settings
from the uncharted world to the other planet types. If anyone wishes to use it in their current runs in lieu of waiting for a proper fix,
I'll post the code below.

Trees are restored on subsequent warps, though it means abandoning any attempt at making planets look like vanilla nauvis.

11 months ago

just put this in control.lua in a personal mod or something and run it with /fixtrees

commands.add_command("fixtrees", "fix tree spawning on default planets", function(event)
--these planets have modifiers[1][1]="nauvis", which prevents alien biomes trees from spawning
--replace "nauvis" with "copy_nauvis", which is used by the uncharted planet and works fine
--the following special planets are left with "nauvis": barren, biter, jungle, midnight, ocean, rogue

local planetlist={"average", "coal", "copper", "dwarf", "iron", "normal", "oil", "polluted", "rich", "stone", "uranium"}
    for k,v in pairs(planetlist) do
            tmp=remote.call("planets","GetTemplate",v)
            tmp.modifiers[1][1]="copy_nauvis"
            remote.call("planets","RegisterTemplate",tmp)
    end

end)

11 months ago

Confirmed issue, implement this proposed 'fix' at risk to your own risk to your save files; No guarantees can be offered there.
I suspect the most foreseeable conflicts with this 'fix' can be easily solved in migration to the next version, but I have not completed fixes for this yet therefore there are no guarantees; it is always best to wait for official updates and fixes instead of running amuck with your mod files which always carries inherent risk of corrupting your save files in the process regardless of the mods attached to it.

6 months ago

Unfortunately this workaround does not work for me. I execute the command but nothing happens. But also there is no error message ...

So how can this mod be played? Warptorio requires Alien Biomes and this causes the trees to miss?

6 months ago

Okay I tried around a bit and found a solution:
I used Space Exploration before (not in combination) but SE alters the settings of Alien Biomes. So I reverted them all to default.
This still left the grassy planets without trees. But I used the workaround described by elanu and also added to commented special planet types to the command. This fixed the issue.
Thank you :)

4 months ago

I've put @elanu's code into a mod until the fix is made in Warptorio - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2-tree-fix

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

I've put @elanu's code into a mod until the fix is made in Warptorio - https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2-tree-fix

Thank you for this fix. I will look into this and check out implementations over the coming days. Merry Christmas.

New response