Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

g Right of existence of the warponium fuel cell?

1 year, 16 days ago

Hello PyroFire, first of all I want to thank you for this amazing work and mod.I love Warptorio and I always enjoy playing it. So thank you very much for this masterpiece. <3
Now i have a question. What is the point with Warponium Fuel Cell? Maybe i am dumb but i see it so, 1x Warponium Fuel Cell hat a Energy Output for 24GJ but needs 5x Uranium Cell for each 8GJ (5x8=40GJ). So i think, it's useless or? 40 GJ away for 24 GJ?
I hope you can help me a little with your decision as to why it is the way it is. :/

10 months ago

I'd like to bump this question.

I can see it was buffed to 32 GJ in the last update to be in line with the Uranium cells consumed to make it. However.

1x Warponium cell, burned in the reactor, produces 160 MW for 200 seconds.
4x Uranium cells, burned in 2x2 square of reactors, produce 480 MW for 200 seconds.

Warponium still doesn't make sense.

9 months ago

My impression is that one of the use cases is for an early game where even one nuclear reactor is expensive, and just 20MW will cover most of the electrical needs of a small base. So the warp fuel & free reactor eases a faster transition off coal power - with a more expensive version of fuel - but one reactor worth of uranium is pretty easy to source.

No one says the submachine gun isn't good because PDLs are better. Factorio isn't just a game about the end state, but what you need to do to get there.

Thing there is you still have to get the centrifuge. Heat exchangers can be costly but we're talking about needing like 2. And the "experimental" nature of the warp reactor suggests it should get more relevant as Warptorio develops rather than less. And yeah, I did build my own reactors, so I'm speculating about a trajectory I didn't myself choose.

2 months ago

The point of the fuel cells are to power the Warp Reactor, which is just a strong nuclear reactor that is tied directly into the warp heat pipe network. A very important use-case indeed because it does not rely on moving heat between heatpipes. Consider it like powering a reactor that has practically infinite range with instant heat transfer.

New response