Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

b The mod Warptorio2 (1.3.4) caused a non-recoverable error.

3 years ago

Happens (repeatedly) on my save, near end game, when trying to warp to a random planet (from being on a frozen riches planet that had been selected during previous warp attempt, if it matters).

Running Warptorio2 with Alien Biomes, Alien Biomes high res terrain, cold biters, even distribution, explosive biters, handyhands automatic handcrafting community update, informatron, planetorio, planetorio expansion planets, and of course warptorio2.

The mod Warptorio2 (1.3.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event warptorio2::on_tick (ID 0)
Error when running interface function planetorio.FromTemplate: planetorio/control_planets.lua:168: attempt to index local 'planet' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
planetorio/control_planets.lua:168: in function 'Generate'
planetorio/control_planets.lua:216: in function <planetorio/control_planets.lua:214>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'call'
warptorio2/control_main.lua:940: in function 'WarpBuildPlanet'
warptorio2/control_main.lua:848: in function 'Warpout'
warptorio2/control_main_helpers.lua:227: in function 'b'
warptorio2/lib/lib_control.lua:281: in function <warptorio2/lib/lib_control.lua:281>

3 years ago

Error while running event warptorio2::on_tick (ID 0)
Error when running interface function planetorio.FromTemplate: planetorio/control_planets.lua:168: attempt to index local 'planet' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
planetorio/control_planets.lua:168: in function 'Generate'
planetorio/control_planets.lua:216: in function <planetorio/control_planets.lua:214>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'call'
warptorio2/control_main.lua:940: in function 'WarpBuildPlanet'
warptorio2/control_main.lua:848: in function 'Warpout'
warptorio2/control_main_helpers.lua:227: in function 'b'
warptorio2/lib/lib_control.lua:281: in function <warptorio2/lib/lib_control.lua:281>"

Getting the same in endgame test.

3 years ago

My bet is one of the planets is broken.
Have seen this in my own play-throughs, not sure which one.
Seems to happen randomly.

Tick your RNG forward a bit and try warping again, like revealing unexplored chunks.

3 years ago

I have added error handling so this is still technically broken, but will instead tell you what the bad template is and warp to uncharted instead of crashing.

2 years ago

This is an instance of the missing planet template bug https://mods.factorio.com/mod/warptorio2/discussion/62261ca6b671a97f4663da68

This thread has been locked.