Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
1 year, 2 days ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

g Castle Turrets?

3 years ago

Just curious, has anyone found an actual use for the castle turrets (on the surface, not the extra level space they provide underground)?

I tried to figure out how a layout of defence could work within their footprint (without yet having laser turrets), but couldn't see any obvious way you'd get more then a few turrets per platform simply hanging off the edge super exposed, assuming you intended to belt feed ammunition from the base. Thoughts/observations/etc?

3 years ago

"Castle Turrets" is a name.

Not a description.

3 years ago

"Castle Turrets" is a name.

Not a description.

I'm not sure I understand your response. Presumably you named the platforms castle turrets as some level of suggestion, no?

What's the intended use, if not for defensive structures? They're on the outer edges (at least at this point in my factory), so they obviously need to be defended...

3 years ago

I wasn't tring to nit-pick/grope for sarcasm, was just trying to figure out the intended use (for the surface bit, if any), since I didn't seem to be doin' it right, that's all :).

3 years ago

PS - I hadn't realized with my original post that the turrets/surface elements got bigger with upgrades. After the first upgrade, the surface elements make a lot more sense :).

3 years ago

It is intended that players come up with uses for the tools presented, including the turrets.
I've found their best use early game is just making it a lot easier to collect resources - you don't have to belt all the way to the center of the platform.

I.e the "harvesters" are actually just a deployable platform that turned out to be a very cool and fun feature.
Miners is an obvious use, but there may also be other uses and I like to see what they might be.

This thread has been locked.