Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
a year ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

i Platform as Standalone Mod?

3 years ago

Would it be possible to have the platform mechanics (many factory floors, transfer of materials between floors, etc) be a standalone mod? The mechanics of building a factory with that extra dimension fascinate me, but I was unable to fully explore that ability without being constantly overwhelmed by aliens or dying multiple times. In the end, I was never able to get to the first factory floor upgrade. Is it possible to separate the platform itself into it's own mod, perhaps with the ability to build many of them on a single world? Couch it as digging sub-floors underground, perhaps, or gateways to upgradable pocket dimensions?

Any clarification or reply is appreciated. Thank you making this amazing mod, and I will keep trying to play it as is.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Factorissimo2

Which works with warptorio.

Enable the carebear chest in the mod settings, it will help you get through the early game.
Brutal difficulty is only difficulty.

3 years ago

Yeah, that's kinda the answer I expected. I was aware of factorissimo, but found the platforms of warptorio to be just different enough to be cool on it's own. The ability to upgrade the platform without removing everything inside and having the "staircases" in the middle instead of being confined to the southern face were of particular interest. Maybe I'll get into modding on my own to see if I can extract that content - who knows? Would you be ok with someone attempting that?
Also, I was not aware of the carebear chest you mentioned. That sounds like it may be very helpful, I'll go try it right away!

Thank you for your quick reply, I appreciate it! Happy Building!

3 years ago

Maybe I'll get into modding on my own to see if I can extract that content - who knows? Would you be ok with someone attempting that?

The main issue is doing this wouldn't be transformative or unique.

More importantly, you can change the settings in warptorio to achieve what you're wanting as it already stands, i.e. turn off biters, disable autowarp etc.
All the warp mechanics are there, just turned off.

3 years ago

True, True. Thanks for your help, and thanks for making this mod. I've really enjoyed it! :D

New response