Warptorio2

Factorio but you build your factory in a restricted space that teleports yourself, the platform, and everything on it to a new and uncharted planet in an unknown corner of space, time and the universe while constantly under attack from enemies. This mod increases the difficulty of factorio by making construction harder and making biters a more significant threat, resulting in a unique experience of factorio'ing in a tight space and under pressure, almost like a tower defence game.

Overhaul
11 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Combat Environment

i Warpvote - AFK players

4 years ago

I'd like to suggest that AFK players do not count towards the warp vote weights. If this is tricky to do, perhaps having a yes/no vote with an expiration on it (10 secs?) would count the votes. I.e. the first person to start a vote will cause the 10/20/30 seconds to elapse during which people can vote in either direction. People not voting are counted towards "yes" for the vote. This would solve any potential performance issues towards checking if people are AFK or not.

Currently, having people being afk can be devastating if its even for a literal minute or two. But perhaps you can come up with an even better solution yourself.

4 years ago

People not voting are counted towards "yes" for the vote.

This is incorrect.
People not voting should not be counted at all.

This would solve any potential performance issues towards checking if people are AFK or not.

Performance?
Issues checking for AFK?
Lol.

Currently, having people being afk can be devastating if its even for a literal minute or two.

Thankyou for reports

perhaps having a yes/no vote with an expiration on it

I like this.
A standard call-vote thingy whatchyamacall-it.
Timer duration can be a multiplayer setting.
But i also like the existing thing.
Maybe a command, as i don't want to add another button and it would not be a function used very often - the existing votewarp is generally sufficient, even with afks e.g. they can just press the warp button before going (or kick?)
You won't be pressing it until you're ready.

It makes me think the warp button should also stay pressed after warps until you have moved for the first time.
This means you only have to /votewarp once.

We'll see

4 years ago

I like your idea regarding it staying pressed after warps.

People not voting are counted right now. i.e. with the default 51% setting, 2 people in the game. Only 1 person votes will result in warp not happening. so the second person that's not voting is being counted (Towards no, until they press it)

And I don't know. Having to check every X UPS to see if someone's afk might affect performance. Even the simplest things nuke down factorio's UPS. i.e. high pollution with the maximum diffusion ratio. I'm not familiar with Factorio's workings so just provided the alternative suggestion. At least I gave you a laugh :-)

4 years ago

Added to list of flaws for now.

New response