Von Neumann

by kizrak

Von Neumann Mod! Who wants to be a sack of blood and bones when you can be an hyper-intelligent self-replicating robot! This is a scenario!

Scenarios
1 year, 9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Radar roboport?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Dued to the rational idea of AI, why an AI dont have access to all information of HIS OWN network?
IF the network can see it, why the AI cant?
Radars are still needed for see over the construction range of roboports, but inside this range I think AI can see freely, because any other bot can see it...
Or, if can be set, bots can see around them when outside roboports, but I think this is a bit harder to do...

3 years ago

You could consider adding Roboport Radar by mrudat to your save πŸ˜€

I actually believe that bots and Roboports are blind πŸ˜† and therefore needs sensors (radars) to see.

3 years ago

But bots and roboports detect the working area even if outside any radar od sight area, then they collect data from this area continuously.
Logic allow think that the controlling AI receive this data and can figure out exactly what happen there.
Afte all bots go collect products from chests and work on construction and deconstruction even if the radar dont detect that area.
With a physical body that has sight limits this has a sense, but with an AI brain so evolute, why you cant elaborate all this informations?
P.s.: Why you cant deconstruct or destroy most initial buildings? Chests, assembling machines and lab are a pain in the ass when placing a decent initial base, specially if you have a lot of water around you... and cannot use belts or inserters to connect the buildings each other.

3 years ago

P.p.s.: Do you realize that roboports and bots know what is done even if the map dont show it as done because not seen or covered by radars?
This is the reason for allow AI "see" roboport covered area. I know the mod listed, but I think this has to be a must to have for an efficient AI and then has to be integrated in an active Von Neumann game.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

There could be some improvements with early pre-built base but they are marked as non-deconstruct-able to prevent the player from accidently getting into an unrecoverable state where they removed their only power or chests or something. 😨

Eventually I'd like to new the new crash site models and make better -- but I also like symmetry so... 🀯

3 years ago

Roboport and energy grid are good because they are compatible with the standard grid roboport except for construction range, then they are good where they are, but assembly machines, chests and lab are not wisely placed and then... After all you can use the entity of lab and other marked as "non-deconstruct" for a fixed amount of time so player can deconstruct them when they have ad adequate amount of resources and then can build his own preferred base style?
Just an idea...
I've never tried this then dunno if can be done or not, but I've also never done a mod that has a so great amount of unusual settings, then you're more experienced than me and I'm asking to who know more than me obviously.

2 years ago

I've added this to my TODO list. Thank you for the idea/feedback 🧑

2 years ago

A thought randomly.
Make the basic building "deconstructable" based on a specific research?
Is it a thing that can be done?
This can be an easier way to do this compared to the "timer" solution?

1 year, 5 months ago

I like the idea. πŸ‘

However I'm mostly in maintenance mode currently; but would accept a pull request that made them deconstructable after purple and/or yellow science had been unlocked.

Pull requests can be done at kizraks-robots.

Thank you for the feedback. 🍰

New response