Von Neumann

by kizrak

Von Neumann Mod! Who wants to be a sack of blood and bones when you can be an hyper-intelligent self-replicating robot! This is a scenario!

Scenarios
1 year, 9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Distracting Start?

3 years ago

I found it a bit distracting to have bots starting to pick some stuff up and demolish some trees right at the start before I even had a chance to know what was going on. I was like: "Whoah! Whoah! What's going on!!!" Is it really necessary to do this? Could that be disabled?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

So the bots are told to deconstruct any trees that intersect with any of the starting buildings. If they did not remove them quickly, players might notice there was a tree inside their roboport! 🌳But if the code deletes the trees, then the players lose out on a limited valuable resource. Especially limited given the players inability to explore for more trees if they do not have enough near the start. Remember, exploration with this mod is drastically more difficult than the base game because of limited roboport range and radar scanning. πŸ€–

If you want to make a GitHub Pull Request that instead of deconstructing the tree, it collects them and places them into one of the starting logistics containers, I'd review it for merge. I would not even require that it be a config setting or anything. πŸ™‚

Thank you for the feedback πŸ€—

New response