Von Neumann

by kizrak

Von Neumann Mod! Who wants to be a sack of blood and bones when you can be an hyper-intelligent self-replicating robot! This is a scenario!

Scenarios
1 year, 9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b Can't start a new scenario

4 years ago

when trying to start the Von Neumann scenario this error pops up and the game won't load. I think maxfire in the other thread has the same issue, at least my log and notice look the same as his (https://imgur.com/a/YXAsBGj, his screenshot).
my log:
-
676.551 Script @C:/Users/j/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua:3: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
676.557 Checksum for script C:/Users/j/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/control.lua: 4198344313
676.593 Error AppManager.cpp:640: The scenario level caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the scenario author.

Error while running event level::on_init()
...oaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/playerBonuses.lua:64: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
...oaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/playerBonuses.lua:64: in function 'disableGodResearches'
...oaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/playerBonuses.lua:201: in function 'value'
...pData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/hijack.lua:45: in function <...pData/Roaming/Factorio/temp/currently-playing/hijack.lua:43>
-
awesome mod btw, since I don't want to play without it I'm going to fiddle around a bit and see if I can fix the issue

4 years ago

just tested it, 0.18.13 breaks the mod, 0.18.12 works fine. looks like it's the changes to "logistic robotics" research. logistics/trash slot researches got merged to one for each and our now included in logistic robotics. I don't know if that's all though, I couldn't get it to work

4 years ago

I've got an answer on github. Here it is:

"abaines commented 7 days ago
I've only tested this on like ~0.18.2 version, and haven't tested/updated it for 0.18.x since then. Until 0.18.X is nearly as popular as 0.17.79, I probably won't be updated for it. Managing two versions is too much work. Sorry!

I would accept a PR if it was backwards compatible with 0.17.79."

4 years ago

Thanks @Lustwaffel and @maxfire.

New response