Von Neumann

by kizrak

Von Neumann Mod! Who wants to be a sack of blood and bones when you can be an hyper-intelligent self-replicating robot! This is a scenario!

Scenarios
1 year, 8 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b I can create infinite things

4 years ago

Whenever I play the Von Neumann mod, I can create an infinite amount of anything from the crafting section of the character screen. Anything I want to create just gets created and dropped on the ground, and doesn't use any resources.

Can you remove this?

4 years ago

What other mods are you using?

There is code to allow/detect crafting, then cancel it and replace the cursor with a ghost of the item.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have the same bug, tried it with all mods disabled, still happening... (started a new Scenario) Can we help you with a log/settings/...?

3 years ago

What version of base game?

3 years ago

Base Mod: 0.17.79
Von Neumann: 0.6.32

Started new game with the ModScenario: Von Neumann/Freeplay and map: Von Neumann Scenario.
Leftclick on any item will craft it instead of selecting a ghost of the item as i would expect from the description.

I created a gif of it as well: https://imgur.com/a/BXzTeBv

3 years ago

Same when starting the UserScenario: Von Neumann (Freeplay)

"Pick ghost item if no items are available" is activated

3 years ago

Thanks @Yolgie !

3 years ago

I believe this is fixed in v0.7.33. (Thanks to notten01 for https://github.com/abaines/Von-Neumann/pull/4)

@cylarc and @Yolgie can you confirm the latest is working for you?

I also made a v0.6.34 for 0.17.79, but I haven't tested it beyond this issue.

3 years ago

idea: maybe you also add a feature where you can craft items for free, but the crafting takes an amount of energy that scales with the cost of the recipe? i quite enjoyed the free crafting and that could be a way to balance it... just an idea, though. also, maybe a little button to toggle this fix? i hope asking for a button isn't too much :>

New response