Vanilla Loaders

by Kirazy

Adds the vanilla loaders to the game with customizable recipe difficulty, and with support for cargo wagons via lua scripting. Supports belts added by Bob's Logistics and Ultimate Belts. When installed side-by-side with Loader Redux, will use Loader Redux's snapping logic and train loading. Additionally, with a startup setting, may be used as a dumb mod to simply reskin Loader Redux.

Content
1 year, 8 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

i I suggest using color mask.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thank you for remodeling good mod. I suggest using the color mask. You have already finished the graphics work, but you can create a color mask to ease the loader support work in other mods in the future.

5 years ago

How do you mean?

I'm currently using smart objects with layer masks so it takes like 20 seconds to make a new loader (under the assumption there are existing underground belt graphics), but if there's a way to do this more cleanly I'm interested.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Let me give you an example of a file in my mod.

Separate and save only the mask layer as in the picture above.

You can combine two files, either icons or entity images. The main advantage of this method is that it can save file size of the mod.

(e.x code)icons = { { icon = "__base__/graphics/technology/power-armor-mk2.png" }, { icon = "__modname__/graphics/Bob-armor-T-mask.png", tint = { r=1, g=0.1, b=0.04 } } }

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

That code snippet is sufficient to make the composite image? I'll have to explore this, because it would be super convenient and also in the future to more easily make other combinations.

(I'm handy with graphic design, not so much coding, but I make do.)

Also do you have a quick way or somehow to test what color combination makes what color? The hardest part of this is color matching correctly, and restarting Factorio every tweak would be... obnoxious.

5 years ago

It is RGBA color value(0 to 1). You can think of 0 as 0 and 255 as 1.

5 years ago

I mean like a tool to see the results of the tinting + color mask without having to launch the game, since I am expecting based on past experience that feeding it the exact RGB color code for the color I want will produce something not-quite-right when it tints it.

It's all new to me, haha. Very comfortable with photoshop, but a code-based solution would definitely be nicer.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

You can create a basic file in black and white without any additional tools and assign RGBA. It matches the masking operation in Photoshop's black and white file. :) (You only need to change the RGBA value from 0 to 1 when you are reflecting on the game.)

5 years ago

Once the image and mask files are built I can make the code for you. :)

5 years ago

I have a week off from work and school, so I'll make those sometime these week. The file size blew up because I have the fixes for Bob's basic tier in there, 'cause his are just desaturated yellow belts and it's terrible.

5 years ago

I've made initial HR versions of the mask and base: https://imgur.com/a/ZzXW3xT

This should be enough for you to make some code snippets. Thanks for your help, mate. I can always improve these (and plan to, but that's long and tedious work to clean it up) if the masking results are less than ideal.

I can make LR versions to go with them once the HR stuff is ironed out.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I've made initial HR versions of the mask and base: https://imgur.com/a/ZzXW3xT

This should be enough for you to make some code snippets. Thanks for your help, mate. I can always improve these (and plan to, but that's long and tedious work to clean it up) if the masking results are less than ideal.

I can make LR versions to go with them once the HR stuff is ironed out.

I attach the file that applies only to entities for you. ^^
If you modify the mask file, it looks a little better. And you can use the low-resolution version and apply it to the icon and technology icon without a separate graphics file.

Download

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Got it and playing with it. Cleaning up the mask and tweaking the tint. It's the same effect as Photoshop's multiply, so much easier to iterate color choices and cleanup the mask.

Should have something pushed later today.

Edit:

Left column are the original graphics, right column are the masked graphics. Looks good, imo.

Edit 2: Now to figure out how to have low-res and high-res versions...

Edit 3: Got it working, now to make the low-res version.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I am glad that you are satisfied with the result. :)
Low-resolution versions can be set to icons with no icon graphics by setting the x and y values. This alone can save a considerable amount of file size.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Eh, the amount of savings relative to the overall filesize are negligible for low-resolution graphics.

What's currently eating all the space are the basic-tier belt reskins (since Bob's logistics graphics are grayscale and are terrible)

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Oh, bro. I agree with your opinion. With the help of qumojo I also tried to reorganize those things in my mod.

I envy you with excellent graphics editing skills. lol.
This mod(First Aid Kit) is one of the worst works of my graphics.

New response