Underground Storage Tank

by fgardt

Adds a large buried storage tank with a capacity of 250k (configurable). Since they are mostly underground you can easily walk / drive over them. Additionally you can select if you want the more vanilla looking opaque top with fill indicator, completely closed top or a transparent one with custom internal fluid animation by changing a startup setting.

Content
26 days ago
Logistics Fluids

b [FIXED] Not Multiplayer Save/Load Safe

8 months ago

This is at the very tail end of the log since its loading into a server that causes this. I can potentially provide more information if needed, however i don't see anything else in the log that is relevant.

238.039 Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:1088: mod-underground-storage-tank was registered for the following nth_ticks when the map was saved but has not re-registered them as a result of loading: 1
238.039 Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:99: MultiplayerManager failed: "" + multiplayer.script-event-mismatch + "
" + "
mod-underground-storage-tank"
238.040 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:608: UpdateTick(24319415) changing state from(ConnectedLoadingMap) to(Failed)
246.889 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:211: Quitting multiplayer connection.
246.892 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:608: UpdateTick(24319415) changing state from(Failed) to(Disconnected)
247.152 Info UDPSocket.cpp:233: Closing socket
247.153 Info UDPSocket.cpp:263: Socket closed

client side in factorio just reports that multiplayer event handlers aren't identical. I can still load into the save in single player. However in an effort to log the server console, with the same exact save that caused things to break on a previous troubleshooting test, it worked fine. And various tests after this it proceeded to not work.

im not seeing anything helpful in server logs though I do have them. Hopefully this is more helpful than the previous report.

8 months ago

This seems different to the previous report. Are you on the latest version (v1.1.2)?
Just a heads up: I can start to really look into this in ~10-14 hours so it can take a while till this can be fixed.

8 months ago

This seems different to the previous report. Are you on the latest version (v1.1.2)?
Just a heads up: I can start to really look into this in ~10-14 hours so it can take a while till this can be fixed.

I was previously running 1.1.1 and it did this, i did copy over an updated set of mods which included 1.1.2 So it should be running 1.1.2 now unless factorio is lying to me. Server log says it was running 1.1.2, prior to this it was working fine, seems like its a bit of a time bomb situation, where it just does this eventually, it's possible my save is corrupted somehow for some reason, but given the previous issue im not confident on that yet.

No worries on the wait, i'll be fine without a bit of factorio for a bit lol.

8 months ago

I was previously running 1.1.1 and it did this, i did copy over an updated set of mods which included 1.1.2 So it should be running 1.1.2 now unless factorio is lying to me. Server log says it was running 1.1.2, prior to this (save) it was working fine, seems like its a bit of a time bomb situation, where it just does this eventually, it's possible my save is corrupted somehow for some reason, but given the previous issue im not confident on that yet.

No worries on the wait, i'll be fine without a bit of factorio for a bit lol.

8 months ago

I might have found the culprit. Could you please try if this dev version fixes the issue for you? If it does I can properly publish it quickly :)

8 months ago

I might have found the culprit. Could you please try if this dev version fixes the issue for you? If it does I can properly publish it quickly :)

i did a quick test and uploaded it to the server, i haven't changed anything else and it seems to be working fine. I've tested it about 5-8 times now in various permutation and i haven't had it fail yet, not a substitute for long term testing but it seems to have fixed it.

8 months ago

Thanks for the response. Will release it soonâ„¢

8 months ago

Oh and you should switch to the official release version. The game itself will probably not prompt you for the update since you already have a matching version locally but anyone else that tries to connect will have a slightly different one that will prevent them from connecting.

8 months ago

yeah good call, i'll be sure to do that as i have enough locally hacked mods already lol.

New response