Underground Storage Tank

by fgardt

Adds a large buried storage tank with a capacity of 250k (configurable). Since they are mostly underground you can easily walk / drive over them. Additionally you can select if you want the more vanilla looking opaque top with fill indicator, completely closed top or a transparent one with custom internal fluid animation by changing a startup setting.

Content
26 days ago
Logistics Fluids

g [DONE] extract via pump only?

8 months ago

is it intentionally designed to only get the liquid out via a pump ...

without a pump the lines show the liquid icon but no liquid ... I had to put a pump on the underground storage tank just to "extract" the liquid out ...

just checking if this is by design ...

8 months ago

Yes this is "by design".
Since the tank is underground fluids can easily "fall" into it. Getting them out again requires a pump to pump them up.

There should be a tool tip mentioning this on the entity (the box below the minimap) aswell as the item and tech research.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Sounds good, thanks for clarifying!

Ah I just mod and started using lol ... as my current game was so far along lol

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Would be good to either set this as a togglable option and/or include it in the mod description. Guess Factoriants are trained to not read the tooltips in most cases.

Because of that, i feel like this reduces the usability - since i often have placement constraints, and setting up redundant tubing just to use it as a buffer - as one of its core functions.
Wouldn't mind it consuming power and have a dedicated liquid output.

Edit: Especially in the usecase of a buffer, it is bothersome - since you cant pump it back to the source.

a month ago

I can extend the mod description to include this info. Disabling the behaviour would cause other problems with the tank not being completely fillable without using a pump etc, fluid systems are just janky. And I quite like the added logistical complexity that forcing pump usage for fluid output has.
I'll look into adding a setting but will not promise anything.

a month ago

Thanks for that.
Noticed one flaw in that pump-requirement logic - hot steam would accumulate at top, and would be rather easy to get out.
And, the default storage tanks fill top bottom with gases.

New response