trainsaver

trainsaver creates a dynamic screensaver which follows trains as they drive around from station to station.

Utilities
6 months ago
Trains

g Remote Cancel?

10 months ago

Hi,
Is there a remote call to cancel the trainsaver? I saw in the code there is a command for end-trainsaver. I've only interacted with other mods using a remote.call command.

thanks

10 months ago

I don’t have a remote call to end trainsaver, but I can probably add one in the next release. At the moment the only remote call is for other mods to check if trainsaver is active for a player.
But also since trainsaver is basically just a lot of cutscenes, you could use player.exit_cutscene() to exit; making an immediate cut back to the character.

10 months ago

Excellent! I can use those abilities for now. thanks.

7 months ago

I have an additional remote command request.
Can you add a remote command to switch trains when in viewing mode?
(I haven't checked your code to see if this exists already.)

My intent would be to have a redeem where viewers could change the train that is being viewed. (e.g. 'next train')
thanks

7 months ago

Hey hyspeed,

Thanks for the suggestion. It's actually something I've been considering adding for quite some time now so I was glad to know there's some interest! In version 0.0.26 I have added several functions to the remote interface, including a function to start/end/toggle trainsaver, and to navigate back/forward through a history of targets.
https://github.com/jingleheimer-schmidt/factorio-trainsaver/blob/primary/util/interface.lua

New response