Team Competition

Adds 19 PVP/PVE scenarios. Includes tons of admin options, diplomacy, team management, survival waves, a market system, and some solo compatible modes.

Scenarios
9 days ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Independent Biter Force not working

2 years ago

Hi!
I started a multiplayer game using this mod and to play with some friends.
I haven't played for a week while my friends where more active on the server playing on their chunks (different teams) but the problem is that when I joined the server my whole base is surrounded now by bitters. While it is not a big deal the bitters are powerful enough while I still have yellow ammo and I have a hard time cleaning the area from enemies.

I thought bitters in my area stays on a different evolution factor, weaker since I haven't progressed much but everybody have blue bitters attacks, so do I instead of having weaker bitters for now.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi. Independent biter force does not mean it will not evolve. The game has 3 evolution factor: pollution, nest killing and game time. This last one is probably how the biters near your factory evolved. And of course, if your factory was polluting all this time

2 years ago

Hi
I can confirm that me and my friend just saw the evolution factor with /evolution command and we both have the same value. I haven't polluted much compared to my more active friend.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The /evolution command only shows the evolution for "enemy" force. And this force is not used when the different enemy forces option is enabled

2 years ago

So if Bitters are not "enemy" forces, what the bitter force name? I'll try to kill all bitters in my area using console commands but that doesn't work for some reason.
/c game.forces["enemy"].kill_all_units() don't do anything

And yes, I am playing free game with Multiple Alien Forces enabled.
Right now I am in a very difficult position that my ammo and research can't really kill blue bitters and I'm surrounded by that just because my friend on the other friendly team played a lot more than me and I was left behind with the evolution factor 0.6454 (23% Time, 77% pollution, spawner kills 0%).

Is there anything I can do?

2 years ago

So if Bitters are not "enemy" forces, what the bitter force name? I'll try to kill all bitters in my area using console commands but that doesn't work for some reason.

Right now I am in a very difficult position that my ammo and research can't really kill blue bitters and I'm surrounded by that just because my friend on the other friendly team played a lot more than me and I was left behind with the evolution factor 0.6454 (23% Time, 77% pollution, spawner kills 0%).

EDIT:
I also tried to replace "enemy" with "enemy1" and "enemy_1" and yet no effect. Force names I found by using /editor command.

2 years ago

EDIT:
I also tried to replace "enemy" with "enemy1" and "enemy_1" and yet no effect. Force names I found by using /editor command.

EDIT2:

Never mind, I figured it our that bitters in my area was "enemy_2" and "enemy_3" and the command worked.

However it still need to make bitters weakers for players that do no pollute or play often.

2 years ago

As I said, all biter forces evolve with game time... you can adjust an enemy evolution with this command
/c game.forces.enemy_2.evolution_factor=0.1

2 years ago

Thanks.

New response