Sun heat and cooling for Moshine

by snouz

Sun heat mechanic and cooling buildings to protect from it. Made for Moshine.

Content
14 days ago
2.1
4.65K
Factorio: Space Age Icon Space Age Mod
Enemies

i Accumulator protection

9 days ago

Since Moshine is described as being "so hot that it's hard to build an accumulator" I was wondering if it'd be possible to allow accumulators to be built/only function around cooling devices? (that or some kind of solar shield or cooled batty for that very purpose.)

If that's too strong, (considering Moshine's solar multiplier) it could possibly be countered with accumulators being less effective, even when protected, so you need more of them comparitively. (like say limiting their capacity to 50%)

I personally love using solar, cuz it's nuclear power at a distance, and I know some mods have some buildings classified as accumulators that are thus blocked entirely by the Moshine restriction. (Like 2.0's Orbital Interlink https://mods.factorio.com/mod/orbital-interlink )

*Because currently from what I've seen, solar can only really be used for (beneficial) consistant power if used in conjunction with Muluna's condenser turbine allowing some of the steam to be reclaimed/require re-heating and some kind of electric boiler, or heat producing solar panel mod.

New response