Spidertron Tiers

by Zangeti

Adds 13 new unique Spidertrons! Wether high firepower, early game, speed, inventory size or fog war reveal, there is something for everyone.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Personal vs Vehicle Equipment

3 years ago

Is there any particular reason the spidertrons use personal equipment instead of the vehicle variety? I believe the base spidertron even uses vehicle equipment instead, which causes a rather frustrating point where none of your stuff will work until you get the next one built/unlocked

3 years ago

I might be stupid rn, but I have no idea what you are talking about... I checked the the prototypes, and all personal equipment is used in power armour, and all spidertrons, including vanilla, all of which are defined the same way... What do you mean by vehicle equipment? As far as I am aware, all spidertrons & power armour can equip the same equipment?
I would love to help you. I just don't understand, so if you could elaborate on your concern I would be happy to look into it

3 years ago

I took a look, and I guess one of the Bob mods changes the Spidertron. My apologies!

3 years ago

I could try my hand on some compatibility work to implement Bobs 'vehicle equipment' to these spidertrons if that mod of Bobs is installed. Please provide further info on which of Bobs mods was being troublesome if you would like me to see what I can do.
In any case, no worries about the report... I guess I'm glad I didn't screw up on the vehicle vs personal equipment thing ;)

3 years ago

i think he is talking about this mod... https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobvehicleequipment also any chance you can integrate this mod to yours... ammo loader+..https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ammo-loader

3 years ago

Update 0.2.5 will include bobs vehicle equipment compatibility.
Sadly I could not find a way to make Ammo Loader compatible. The first problem was that Ammo-Loader had not updated to 1.0 base. Not having a spidertron whose prototype to copy in the presence of the Mod for my custom spidertrons to be accepted as the base, meant I would have to effectively update Ammo Loader to 1.0, and then make my mod compatible to that. I actually had a go, but Ammo Loaders a very complicated mod as far as scripting is concerned, leaving very few clear cut definitions I thought I could manipulate to include the spidertron, the comments not making much sense to me. To complicate this even further, almost none of my changes threw errors (somehow), leaving me in the dark of what issues were really preventing the spidertron from working. In the end I was unable to fix the spidertron. Please notify me when the mod creator releases a new version for 1.0. I might be able to use how he implemented the base spidertron to implement my own.
Any help regarding the fixing of Ammo Loader for Spidertrons is obviously appreciated as well.

3 years ago

I didn't make a separate topic for this, but please add a tab with a changelog.

3 years ago

changelog has been added

New response