|Created:||2 years ago|
|Latest Version:||0.17.46 (3 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.14 - 0.17|
Ever wished that you could automate gun turret ammo loading? You often need them too far apart for belt loading, yet by the time you get a logistic system, gun turrets are all but obsolete.
I made this mod to allow automation of gun turrets in the early game, while they are still useful. It adds a chest called "ammo loader chest" that will slowly load your turrets and armed vehicles for you based on its contents.
- Loads turrets and armed vehicles with ammo
- Will upgrade ammo as stronger ammo becomes available
- Loads vehicles with fuel as well. Forgot to bring coal/cannon shells/piercing rounds halfway across the map? No longer a problem.
- Unlimited range (optional)
- Option to fill burner structures and trains as well (disabled by default for balance)
- Beautiful artwork
- Support for AAI programmable vehicles, Bob's mods, and more.
How to Use
- Complete required research
- Put down the unlocked chest
- Fill with ammo or fuel
- Turrets and vehicles in range will be loaded automatically
- The ammo upgrading and returning features require the Ammo Loader Storage Chest (unlocked with normal storage chest) in order to function.
- Trains/burner structures/artillery are all disabled by default. See mod options to enable.
- Range is 0 (infinite) by default. Can be changed in mod options for balance.
- Mod may cause minor lag after a research is completed. This should be minimal and is required for compatibility with some mods (Endgame Combat).
Feel free to distribute and modify as you please, so long as you include attribution to the original mod/creator.
See which entities each chest is providing toDone
- implement a more balanced distribution system (perhaps using nanobots as fuel for chests). Currently the chests have little or no tradeoff.