Spidertron Extended

Adds Spidertron MK2, Spidertron MK3, the Immolator and the Ghost Weaver, more powerful upgraded versions of Spidertron that can be crafted from the original, with enhanced firing capabilities, larger inventory size, equipment grid, radar coverage, mobility and much more.

Content
3 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Bug on startup with AAI Programmable Vehicles

2 years ago

Good afternoon! I found a small little bug related to the AAI Programmable Vehicles mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-programmable-vehicles

When creating an AI version of Spidertron MK2 and Spidertron MK3 in the recipe menu, four identical versions are created at once, according to the number of rocket launchers (illustrated in the screenshot https://ibb.co/PrwR9yx)

The result is a cluttered menu of recipes.

There is also a mistake with the name of the weapon for the AI ​​version of Spidertron MK2 (also seen in the screenshot)

There is also a question related to the Spidertron Extended + Space Exploration mod. Since that mod is no longer supported:

Tell me, please, did you bring the integration of your mod with Space Exploration to the level of the mod so that you could safely switch to your mod?

Thanks a lot!

2 years ago

Thanks for also posting on discord.
About the AAI programmable vehicles i've looked over it there are a few things i think i can do to get rid of the clutter though i'm not sure how it could affect other mods, also i can only modify for mk2 and mk3 but i cannot change anything for the ghost weaver, i've looked over the aai-vehicles and that's how it is coded in, it also duplicates for vanilla tank (for each weapon type). The bigger problem here is the AI ghost weaver doesn't have ammo, i'll see if i can add it ammo but i'm not sure.

About the Space exploration there was a commit done for it by generalTanker https://github.com/stefanaonx/spidertron-extended/pull/14 with pdunham's branch so i think it's up to date. Could you please test it with the latest version to confirm it.

2 years ago

And just submited 2 more version that should also have some changes for the aai-programmable-vehicles can you please tell me if it looks better and if there are anymore issues?

2 years ago

Thank you very much! The redundant AI versions of the MK2 and MK3 Spiders are gone.

The Ghost Weaver is doing well because he has two different types of weapons. Therefore, it is better to leave the two AI versions of the Ghost Weaver - as is.

I don't quite understand your text:

"And just submitted 2 more version that should also have some changes for the aai-programmable-vehicles can you please tell me if it looks better and if there are more issues?"

I don't know English and I use Google Translate.

If we are talking about fixing the described errors. As I said above - everything is fine now. I don't see any other problems yet.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

There is one more thing - in the mod settings there is an option to disable the MK4 Spidertron - do you still plan to add it to the mod?

2 years ago

Thank you for the feedback. I left the mk4 as a debug spidertron since i was working on trying to add more spidertron types, so most likely any new spidertrons will be named spidertrons like the immolator and an mk4 might never be released. Out of curiosity, would people be interested in an mk4?

2 years ago

I am sure that there will always be players who will be interested in new versions of the Spidertron.

For example, I'm definitely interested. The main thing is that it would diversify the gameplay. So if you have something interesting in store as MK4, then people will definitely like it.

For example, as MK4, it would be worth creating such a superweapon that could withstand supergiants from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Big-Monsters in close combat

To do this, it could be equipped, in addition to rocket launchers, with a heavy-duty laser turret. In as a self-defense, add a roboport with defender drones.

New response