Spider sentinel

Make spidertron a sentinel (with Tiny spider for early game)

Content
2 years ago
Combat

i Some thoughts/suggestions

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks very much for the mod, it works really well and is very fun.

The tiny spider's leg speed seems comically fast... is that intentional?

I wonder if the GUI could/should be changed to a relative GUI connected to the spidertron interface (similar to my mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronPatrols)

I'd suggest that the tiny spidertron tech shouldn't just give you the items because that doesn't seem very 'vanilla-like'. If the issue is that the player won't have unlocked those recipes, then why not just give the tech a prerequisite on the construction/logistic robot tech?

You've misspelled "enemy" as "ennemy"

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for your remarks.

The problem at the early stage was to supply ammunition and to repair the tiny spiders. That's why i give a limited number of roboport, bots and chests with the tiny spider. I hope it will make the player want to build a first defense setup and to go further.

3 years ago

Fair enough, that particular part isn't a big deal. I think the biggest problem is the GUI because you have to close it manually every time you open/close a spidertron GUI. I suggested making it a relative GUI to the Spidertron's GUI which is one solution, another would be to just close it inside on_gui_closed (this could be an optional setting).

These are just my thoughts, feel free to ignore :)

3 years ago

Thanks for your comments.

In the release 0.0.3, i add a button to toggle the GUI.
I don't connect the on_gui_closed event because i want the player to see on the map view the result of the settings, especially the range.

2 years ago

Just tested it, that's a great change. Thank you!

2 years ago

I kove your mod! yet i got some questions
Is there a way to change the default settings of the spiders? is it possible to make spiders start their patrol by default option?

whenever i try that it doesnt change the patrol settings. normally i have to set each spider manually
which is something i simply cant afford in terms of time.

2 years ago

Also can you please add a way for us to automatically deploy the spiders with a default attack mode or automatic patrol? somekind of port for spiders.
I built a massive factory of your sentinel spiders and i want to use them all to attack but i have to deploy and configure every single one of them which is something i just cant afford in terms of time.

2 years ago

Some of my own thoughts;

the tiny-spider is far, far too fast. it's currently ~4x faster than a real spidertron while being cheaper and available much earlier.

The free robots are nice and I can see the need for them, but I think it should be reduced to only one port and a few logistics, with no construction; it's only 500 total blue science to unlock logistics robots anyway

Finally, I hope for the GUI's defaults to be based on the spider selected. As-is, tiny spiders have 1000 health, but retreat at 1500 or less not including shields. I'd love for these to default to 90% health and weapon range, for example.

Anyways, great work and I look forward to improvements

2 years ago

Thanks for your comments. Il will soon work again on the mod and try to take them into account. I am thinking about an automatic deployment system.

2 years ago

For reference, https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BotShots has some sort of automatic deployment

New response