Spaghettorio

by Braxbro

Forces you to build spaghetti by scrambling the orientation of buildings you place.

Scenarios
a month ago
Logistics Environment

g A few things that need tweaking

a month ago

My thoughts on this mod...

Firstly i am really enjoying playing with it, it makes factorio life interesting drives some peoples OCD crazy. It does change the way you play the game and isn't as intrusive as you think it would be. When you have to deal with buildings with a directional output like driller it shows its face.
But, there are a couple of bugs that could do with being sorted out.
1. When i first started playing with the mod i could make an endless supply of standard boilers for some reason but i think it was just a one time thing as i can't recreate it.
2. When you place generator (not the nuke ones) there is a chance that it will disappear in a puff of smoke and take all of your inventory of them with it. leaving you with nothing. This make placing the power plant down bit tricky and potentially expensive in the early game and no doubt off putting for people new to the mod.
3. The underground pipes are at the mercy of the mod. Personally i don't think the pipe should be included and be in the same league as the Belt and Rails which are not effected by they mod. The reason i say this is because the player character can't jump over pipe and having the generators at random angles and distances from each other and only connected by overground pipes can get the player character stuck or unable to fuel the boilers.

So yeah, that's my thoughts

a month ago

Underground pipes aren't intended to be affected. I probably typo'd a whitelisted entity name somewhere. I'll look into that.

The rest are tricky bugs that came up in testing; but I could have sworn I fixed them. It's not exactly easy to make a mod like this work, when the cursor stack is so difficult to work with.

a month ago

Digging into the API, I think I might have found an easier way to fix the bugs you've encountered. But it'll probably take a bit to rewrite the mod to include such fixes. I can push a whitelist update now, however.

a month ago

Fixed both, I think, in 1.0.1.

6 days ago

@Braxbro,
Sorry i have only just seen your response so sorry for the late reply.
Regardless of those bugs and the underground pipes throwing a spanner in the works i managed to complete a playthrough, 40hr and 43mins later i launched that rocket. and i loved every minute of it :D
you did a great job and thank you for making it!

5 days ago
(updated 5 days ago)

It's all good. Glad to hear you enjoyed! Would love to see screenshots of the mess. (They'd also make good images for the mod page.)

New response