Space Exploration Angels Compatibility

by Pengwin

This mod is meant to increase compatibility between Space Exploration and Angel's Mods. See details for more info. It was build for Space Exploration 2 and will not work properly with newer versions. (SE 3 +)

4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g .18?

4 years ago

.18 update coming ?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I was waiting for that question. :-)
Today I lack the time, but it should be possible to look into this during the next week. Last time I checked the dependencies not all mods were updated to 0.18.
I also have to decide, if I add another feature first, so that players staying on the 0.17 still get it. I still miss space themed sinks for fluid and gas, namely Flare Stack(which is currently the flare stack) and Clarifier(which can be mitigated with a big tank and deconstructing from time to time). These two buildings make no sense in space and need at least some other model. I got a half-good idea how this could look like, but I am open for ideas :)
I'd like to add those first and go for the 0.18 after that.

P.S.: I also have to check, if I can convert my "testing" savegame to 0.18. If I cant, I have a little problem, since I currently dont have another 200 hours to play a savegame to that state.

4 years ago

until now it worked flawless with 0.18(just update the version number). but it seams like in the last update space exploration the "asteroid-miner-placeholder" got removed, or renamed. therefore the mod crashes now. any idea to fix that( can I just replace asteroid-miner-placeholder with a random item( I haven't yet built one))

4 years ago

I will try to find some time to look into it. Most likely it was renamed or parts of it. Since I only reference the graphics in there I guess it will be the change of icon graphics from 32 to 64 px size.

4 years ago

I looked into the issue, but currently there are some issues within some mods, so factorio wont start without crash. I will have to wait until those issues are resolved so I can update the mod to 0.18.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Update:
I tested the mod by just changing the version number and it is still working. Tested with Factorio 18.8 and Space Exploration 2.6
So the latest changes most likely break it. You can stick to older more stable versions if you want to use the mod right now.
I will try to catch up to the current version of Factorio & Space Exploration, but some issue in the latter is preventing me from fixing it right now. So I will have to wait for the version of Space Exploration before I can fix it.

4 years ago

I belive you can release a newer version with a lower base version number if you wish to upadate the older base game version of the mod.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yep. Thats why I picked the 2.6 for now. It does not include the changes to the core-miner yet. "sirwalter" (see above) mentioned that there is some issue with it. I will check as soon as I can get the game starting with the newest version of SE.

Update: As I learned it is an issue which should be fixed in Angels Petrochem, so I will wait for that update to happen.

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix the incompatibility?

4 years ago

Which one? Currently there is one confirmed issue I know about: the crude_oil icon is missing, which is deleted by angels mods. This should be resolved by an update on the petrochem mod. Until then stick to earlier versions as noted in the dependencies. Always going for the latest version may lead to issues. Currently the mod situation is a bit unstable.

Oh I was referring to the "asteroid-miner-placeholder" bug. I was able to do a quick hacky patch to get petrochem to work.

4 years ago

As stated above I will look into it, when it is fixed. Due to the current overall situation (corona) I lack the time to figure out some hacky solutions just to get factorio to run, before I can actually work on my mod itself.

4 years ago

Found the issue. I will have to do some rework. I will create a new version, when I find a time slot.

That is great to hear! Very much looking forward to the update. I'm sorry to hear that the corona virus is having such a negative impact. I hope the situation improves for everyone soon.

4 years ago

Well not corona itself. More the side effects of the isolation we currently face in germany. Like being at home and having not daycare for the kid. They are not allowed to work. Leading to my regular work day being done as home office, while streching out the 8-hour-work-day across the whole day, since I also have to take care of the kid, cook lunch and so on. Thats leaving me with little time and energy in the evening. :-)
This will continue in germany for at least 4 weeks.
But the good thing is (according to daily infection numbers) the effort of everyone to stay at home and doing social distancing seems to work.

This thread has been locked.