Improved Research Queue

A better GUI for managing the research queue. Unlimited size, move technologies up and down, automatically add prerequisites, filter & search technologies, pause/unpause, estimated time to completion, and more!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

b Lag spike with big mod pack

3 years ago

Playing a Krastorio2 + Space Exploration mod pack game (lots more tech than vanilla but similar to other large modpacks like bobsAngels and PyMods) and this mod seems to cause large 10-20 second lag spike when research completes and another one is about to queue. It doesn't seem to happen every time but I would say 5-20% of the time it does and I'm not sure what's causing it. I don't get this lag spike when I just use the vanilla research queue. The lag spike has crash my partner's game in multiplayer but as the host it eventually comes back for me. I don't see this behavior anywhere else in the game, just when research is about to finish, I think always with this mod's GUI closed.

3 years ago

I have the same issue, and it seems to be worse with 1.1 than it was with 1.0 and I'm using less mods than I was then, I could at least get up to military science before it got bad now it's at the basic stuff.

3 years ago

I've seen similar spikes, though not anything near as bad as what had already been mentioned here that I haven't traced back to a different mod (logistics request manager was my biggest culprit) but I still would be interested to see if performance improvements could be made here.

New response