Improved Research Queue

A better GUI for managing the research queue. Unlimited size, move technologies up and down, automatically add prerequisites, filter & search technologies, pause/unpause, estimated time to completion, and more!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [FIXED] Performance is horrible with Angels

3 years ago

When I unlock some of the more advanced techs in angels I get a 2 to 5 seconds lag spike and my multiplayer almost disconnect. Could you improve that?

3 years ago

Yeah I've noticed some performance issues as well, will try to work on them for the next version.

3 years ago

I just noticed that this gets worse with the later techs where after a research the game always takes 10 to 20 seconds and in some rare cases up to several minutes to catch up.

3 years ago

Does this only happen while you have the research queue window open? Or always when a tech is unlocked?

3 years ago

I only get he massive lags when a tech gets researched and the GUI is not opened. I did not try out what happens when I have the GUI opened and a tech finishes. Also queuing new techs causes a one to two seconds lag spike for all players.

3 years ago

Could you post your mod list? I've made some changes and want to test how performance is with your mod set.

3 years ago

I have a few mods. You can sync them with this save https://forums.factorio.com/download/file.php?id=65746

3 years ago

Made some improvements in v0.4.11 that should help with this. It's still a bit laggy with so many technologies, especially if you have a huge number of techs queued up, but it's better than before.

3 years ago

I'll give it a go and see how it improved.

3 years ago

Still abysmal performance with AngelBobs. 1-2 second lagspike on every research finish, and opening the interface, adding research etc adds 3-5 seconds on each click. It's unplayable with this mod.

3 years ago

This issue is also with Bobs only (without Angels)
We also figured out, that the performance issues come up, when we open and close the Interface

3 years ago

I added some big optimizations in v0.4.16 and tested them out with AngelBobs. Let me know if it improves for you. Note that this version only supports Factorio 1.1.

3 years ago

I just opened it three times and already feels way better.

3 years ago

And pyadons mods feezzed in opens

3 years ago

I'm running Bobs/Angels mods and whenever I open FNEI or change the recipe in FNEI it lags. Disabling only this mod fixes it immediately.

3 years ago

Very weird... can you upload your save so I can test it out?

3 years ago

@Shadowsvoices Strange. I have also noticed the last days that FNEI got extremely laggy and my game always drops to 27 UPS for a few seconds after almost any interaction.

3 years ago

I can confirm it that when I deactivate the research queue the lag disappears. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_h4ZxVG_6mhX_BSDpcMyz_VnH9zL0cDd/view?usp=sharing

3 years ago

This is bizarre... might need FNEI's dev's help on this, I have no idea what could be causing it on my end.

3 years ago

Okay let's call this thread resolved since the performance issues in my mod seem to have been improved. Discussion about the lag with FNEI will be on their GitHub.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for taking a look at it. At least I'm not alone and someone could confirm the problem. I think gui_changed is not the cause as it is only executed by event handlers for on_configuration_changed/on_load/on_init which afaik are one-offs.

New response