Smart chest

A new way to transport items and to build bases (now with filters).

Content
2 years ago
Logistics

b Inventory gets lost after linking chests

3 years ago

Hey,

I think I found a lil "bug" or well "flaw".

When you place down the chests and they start to get filled, then you realized: "Damn, I need some more" and you're heading back to your Mall to get some more and come back, place them down, link them all up ... well, all items that exceeds the "linked Inventory" then are instant lost.

But to be honest: Dunno how to solve this. Maybe some way to make those chest become inactive before getting linked or something like that?

3 years ago

Hello, i add some player settings to control the way the exceeding item are handled.
Thanks again for you report.

3 years ago

Hello,

sounds good!

Because this also happens when you use this chest as a "normal" chest and by picking it up with rightclick or by bot, all items inside are lost, too.

Regards

3 years ago

Another little problem: When you add chests (by linking them all up again) to an existing network, due to improving, expanding or fixing something, settings like slot Limitations get removed. (only affects the chest types that get added.)

These are early/midgame problems, I know. On lategame you don't really care on slot limitation because your production is enormous. So the question is, if this mod is considered to be used early/midgame or only on lategame?

3 years ago

Thanks for your remark.
In the release 0.0.5, the slot limitation is set to the lower bound of the limitations of all merged chess. This should solve your problem.
Of course, i believe that the mod can be useful in the early or the mid game.

3 years ago

Thank you again!

May I suggest one more option/setting for the exceeding items? It would be nice to have an option were the exceeding Items get transfered into the players inventory (and if inventory is full, the rest gets spilled on the ground.)

Also, what's with picking up the chest while there is still content inside? (For non linked/last linked chest). At the moment, Items just vanish/getting destroyed.

Regards

(I don't want to annoy you though, if you don't want/need my feedback, please tell me)

3 years ago

Please don't stop. Your comments are very valuable to me. I enjoy building mods and your suggestions allow me to improve them.

In the release 0.0.6,
- there is an option to transfer exceeding items to player during a merge
- Mining a chest with no connection tranfers its content to the player

3 years ago

I'm glad to hear that and looking forward to the new update :)

Atm I'm building a (small) Megabase with approx 2000 Science per Minute using your Smart Chests. It will still take some time to finish it, but I'm allready very curious about how it will perform!

New response