Single Train Unit

Adds a single train unit that is the standard length, but include storage and can travel in both directions

Content
1 year, 4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains

i Single direction train

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

So for me, a single direction train would not have the problem with Bulk Rail Loader and not the snapping issue? That would have been my next wish. :-)
2 tiles train head und 4 tiles waggon part. Then I could also see the content, if the train is in a loader.

3 years ago

Yes this is something I'd like to do.
The graphics are a scary part as it would be all the rotations I'd have to do by hand at present. As had no interest in a graphics request thread.

3 years ago

yes the graphic is the most complicated. either you can do it or not, I belong to the latter. ;-)
as first step maybe you could use thee train graphic and not the wagon animation.

3 years ago

So had a quick play around and graphics should be ok once I do the dual headed one. As I can just hide one end loco and quickly remove the mask on that end of the cargo wagon. Will only take an hour or so to do once all the dual headed graphics are done (many, many hours).
https://imgur.com/a/P8TgNlN

3 years ago

looks good, will try it tomorrow :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Ah not implemented yet. Just thought I'd stick an update here. Hopefully will do on next main update.
Partly so if anyone else looks at this they know its not a dead idea :)

3 years ago

lol OK thanks, I can still wait :-) my present game layout still needs locomotive and wagon.

3 years ago

Just an opinion.
Maybe its easier and better to make the entire sprite from scratch instead of smashing together the original sprites.
And maybe some other mod maker would help with the graphics.
My skills are not that great, but when i have some time i will try to do something.

3 years ago

I asked in the graphics request forum, but got no responses. Partly I suspect as I want it to match vanilla graphics, not be odd like so many are.

1 year, 5 months ago

I wanted to take a look at what has happened in the two years...
But what do I have to read? >>This mod is not being actively improved<< Regrettable :-(

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

I tried to do railway tunnels for quite a while of the gap, but that didn't ever reach a nice user experience/UPS balance.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/railway_tunnel

Plus the limitations listed for this Single Train Unit mod weren't resolvable, so it would always have been a bit janky :(

1 year, 5 months ago
(updated 1 year, 5 months ago)

I understand for some things the Factorio lua api is very limited.
Currently I play ModMash there is a "tunnel" to change from one surface to another and
Cargo Ships uses a pseudo single unit "train".
maybe you can take a look at it and get new ideas.

New response