Single Train Unit

Adds a single train unit that is the standard length, but include storage and can travel in both directions

Content
1 year, 4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains

i [Implimented] Support for Battery Pack?

3 years ago

My mod Battery Pack creates a battery-powered version of any fuel-burning locomotive (burning batteries as fuel, and yielding a discharged battery as the burnt result).

It creates a battery-powered version of the dummy locomotives but doesn't create a battery-powered version of the actual locomotives; I'm going to have to look into that.

When placed, no magic happens, and you just get a funny-looking battery-powered locomotive, rather than a battery-powered single-unit train.

I wonder if it would be useful to supply a mapping of base prototype and modified prototype to make compatibility easier?

3 years ago

Yea I've never used any of these mods that create new copies of prototypes. So will have to look at how they work. If they all just apply a suffix to the names then I can do a core name partial match rather than explicit full match I guess.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am trying to work through the handling of mod created variations.
What logic do you use to control what variations you create? As you seem to make a placement variation, but not a variation of the actual locomotive part of the unit. Both are uniquely named and are of prototype type locomotive.
So you make copy of "single_train_unit-double_end_loco_fluid_wagon_placement", but not "single_train_unit-double_end_fluid_loco".

3 years ago

on second thought I have to create the variations for the 2 Factorio Extended mods. So I will just create the missing ones for Battery Pack based off the placement version your mod makes.

3 years ago

It only makes variations for locomotives that can be directly placed, ie. recipe -> item -> locomotive.

Mostly because it creates two new recipes, a new item and a new locomotive.

New response