Science pack dependencies

by Nidan

If a technology doesn't depend (either directly or indirectly) on the science packs it needs, these missing dependecies are added.

Utilities
3 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

i Craftable item inconsistency

1 year, 1 month ago

And I'm back once again, I think I found something else this mod would be perfect for.

I found an inconsistency with a mod where I could research an item before I could construct all the things necessary to build that item, I know you recursively look for science packs maybe recursively looking for the crafting items for the unlocked technology could be a thing too, maybe as a strict mode.

An example you shouldn't be able to research circuit network with the push button mod until after advanced electronics because the push button requires red circuits (it wasn't that exact mod that tripped me up but it's the same kind of deal)

I can't actually recall what it was so this one wasn't a big hiccough to me but I love your utility and it's the same kind of problem so I thought I'd ask XD I also suggest strict mode because there may be mod load-outs which are self-referential which would be it's own problem so falling back to the current paradigm may be necessary.

1 year, 1 month ago

That'd be a major change, since besides recipes I'd also have to consider things you can collect/mine in the world. Maybe for 1.2 when I can throw out the mess handling recipe and technology difficulties. Also, control scripts aside, there's currently no way to implement an "or" in the tech tree, so the relation wouldn't be obvious the tech tree.

1 year, 1 month ago

That's fair, it's not something to stress about... I can also see there might be other issues there are items with multiple ways to craft which might be a nightmare, I think when I first looked at it that I thought it was a lot more simple but having had a week to consider all the edge cases it's really not as clear cut as it could be.

New response