Modular Turrets

by wodzu93

Adds 8 (15 counting variations) new turrets for dealing with alien menace, as well as other military-related items. Good compliment to mods that add new biter types, like Rampant or Natural Evolution.

Content
19 days ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

g Turret Arc error

2 months ago

I love the concept of this mod, but I think there are a few problems. For example, the Heavy MG Turret (Backline) says in the tooltip that it has 240 degrees of firing arc, but when I place it, it only shows 180 degrees of firing arc. The firing arcs, and ranges, on some of the weapons feel really restrictive. For example, the Gatling turret (Frontline) only has 45 degrees of firing arc.

2 months ago

Ranges on cannons/rockets are deliberately set this way as a balance consideration, and to encourage building diverse defenses, with multiple turret types to cover each other. I tested this with deathworld runs and rampant runs, and they perform fine.

Restricted arcs also meant turrets don't blow up your own walls with explosive ordnance. I saw quite a few rocket/cannon mods that suck, because 360 arcs mean they lob explosives at biters right next to walls, blowing both the enemy and your defences. By the way, huge minimal range on backline rocket turrets mean you can actually use nukes in them for defense, and they won't blow up your own stuff (when placed smartly that is).

240 arc in the item tooltip for backline HMG is outdated, sorry about that, forgot to update it.

a month ago

Based mod dev for the minimum range + arcs on splash turrets. I've probably lost more walls to my own turrets from other mods than from biters, lol

New response