- by SeeNo (German language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ql7sN3fm5g
Scattergun - uses shotgun ammo, logistics tech, immune to fire, high armor and health. Requires unobstructed line of sight, as shotgun ammo collides with friendly entities.
Following turrets come with two variants, Frontline and Backline. Frontline has high health and armor, Backline has extended range and faster tracking speed.
Heavy MG - uses bullet ammo, military tech. Deals double damage with any given ammo.
Gatling - uses bullet ammo, military tech. Very fast rate of fire, double damage, very narrow firing cone.
Light Cannon - uses cannon shells, green + military tech. More range than bullet based turrets, has minimal range.
Dual Cannon - uses cannon shells, blue tech. Fires slightly faster than Light Cannon and has more range, but also higher minimal range.
Heavy Cannon - uses cannon shells, utility tech. Very long range and minimal range. Double damage with any ammo.
Rocket Launcher - uses rockets, blue tech. Highest range of any non-artillery turrets. Fire rate very low.
Pulse Laser - uses electricity, blue tech. Fires laser pulses at high frequency. Better DPS and range than Laser Turrets, but limited firing arc.
Thermal Laser - uses electricity, utility tech. Fires laser pulses instead of a beam over range similar to Light Cannon. Ignites targets and creates fire at impact point.
Beam - uses electricity, space science tech. Effect varies based on mount type:
- Frontline: fires a pulse that pierces all enemies in a line. Requires unobstructed line of sight.
- Backline: fires a continous, low-damage electric beam that heavily slows down enemies.
Unlike other turret mods, these turrets are not meant to be direct upgrades of each other on the most part, and all have a specific use case each. DPS levels are somewhat comparable to vanilla turrets as well.
2) New late-game radars:
New Sentry Radar - no sector scanning, 9 chunk radius map reveal.
New Scanning Radar - fast sector scanning, 25 chunk scan radius, 1 chunk radius map reveal.
3) Other new items:
- Hardened Inserter, those modded biters won't destroy ammo resupply so easily now.
- Slowdown ammo variants (bullet, cannon, rocket), slow enemies down before they get to the turrets! Also very useful while escaping from biters during player raids.
- Light and heavy cannon shell variants that hit instantly (like bullets). Mainly to use with cannon turrets, but nothing prevents you from loading a Tank with these. Uranium upgrades also available.
- Rocket Packs (normal and explosive), that launch with much more velocity than normal rockets.
- Uranium Shotgun Shells, so shotgun no longer stays behind bullet weapons in terms of damage.
- HMG and Thermal Laser turret heads can also be used as handheld gun/power armor equipment respectively. Both carry over stats from basic turret variant.
Art for turrets other than scattergun from game titled Original War, buy it here: