Water Placeable Lamps

Makes lamps and modded lamps placeable on water. Useful for Cargo Ships and Beautiful Bridge Railways/Schall Overseas Railway mods in conjunction with mods that alter brightness like Clockwork.

Content
2 years ago
Logistics

b Bug with Deadlock's Larger lamps

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DeadlockLargerLamp
Causes a load time error about collision masks not matching.

I'm guessing it's because you're doing a search for all type = "lamp" entities, but the copper lamp from that mod is type = "assembling-machine".

I can't think of a way to catch this dynamically (unless there's a built in API/function for a reverse lookup of which entities have the property next_upgrade set to the entity you're working on), so may be good to just do it manually for the copper lamp if that mod is installed.

Edit: Oh, wait, now that I'm digging in your code, I see you already have a something in there for the copper lamp. Hmm... let me investigate further....

Edit2: Yup, whoops, sorry. Looks like it's actually the Hovercraft mod doing it, but Factorio wasn't giving me a complete list of possible mod culprits. Sorry about that!

2 years ago

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/DeadlockLargerLamp
Causes a load time error about collision masks not matching.

I'm guessing it's because you're doing a search for all type = "lamp" entities, but the copper lamp from that mod is type = "assembling-machine".

I can't think of a way to catch this dynamically (unless there's a built in API/function for a reverse lookup of which entities have the property next_upgrade set to the entity you're working on), so may be good to just do it manually for the copper lamp if that mod is installed.

Edit: Oh, wait, now that I'm digging in your code, I see you already have a something in there for the copper lamp. Hmm... let me investigate further....

Edit2: Yup, whoops, sorry. Looks like it's actually the Hovercraft mod doing it, but Factorio wasn't giving me a complete list of possible mod culprits. Sorry about that!

lol sorry for late response! Haven't been playing Factorio recently.
But glad you got it sorted out :)

New response