Industrial Revolution - Compatibility Fixes

Compatibility fixes/changes for Industrial Revolution 2 for Krastorio 2 Modules, Infinite Tech, Schall Auto Linked Chest, Nuclear Fuel, and other mods, plus some toggle-able tweaks for K2 as well.

Tweaks
2 years ago

g questionable recipes

2 years ago

i just got this mod, and while i already love it, it is still a young mod with a few questionable recipes, such as machines and armor needing variations of themselves from the previous tier (really against the point of IR2), circuits needing wood (glass is already the insulator), MOX and Breeder fuel needing steel plates in stead of shielded steel plates, the duplicate silicon recipes, and three different nuclear bombs if nuclear fuel cycle is added. More important is the recipe for basic tech cards, which calls for five wood. this will need a ludicrous amount of deforestation to get wood automated.

2 years ago

The machines and armor needing variations of themselves from previous tier is simply from K2. The only ones I add is the Advanced lab being needed for Quantum Lab, but that can be toggled off.

This mod actually makes tech cards cheaper: normally if you you IR2 and K2 together, you only get 1 tech card, but if you toggle the setting on with this mod, you get 5 tech cards for the same amount of ingredients (but 5 times longer crafting time).
Also, I think the duplicate silicon recipes is just from having both IR2 and K2 together as well. It's just a recipe variation.

I can add in an setting to remove wood from Green Circuits. Should MOX and Breeder need shielded steel plates instead of steel plates? Would it better match tech progression if it required shield steel plated?

I'll take a look at the 3 different nuclear bombs if nuclear fuel cycle is added, since I haven't tried it with that setting yet.

2 years ago

because of IR2, normal nuclear fuel needs shielded steel and is only available at utility science. it would also be good if breeder fuels could be delayed to space science.

the main problem with tech cards is the ones before automation. brown tech cards.

the many different nuclear bombs comes in part from the option to make plutonium thermonuclear bombs.

the thing about circuits needing wood isn't as much expensive as it is odd. it makes sense in just K2 because it it needs an early-game insulator, but with IR2 by the time you need circuits, glass is usually already automated.

and another thing is spent fuel rods always making one plutonium (logged twice, so it's actually two) and one plutonium making two fuel rods, so MOX fuels are effectively breeder fuels. if you could replace the reprocessing recipe to have a chanced output of less than 50% that would be good.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Alright, I will replace the recipes to use Shielded Steel Plates instead, since it does seem to fit more with IR2.

And I think the options for making atomic bombs is from the settings of the Nuclear Fuel mod, unless you mean Atomic Artillery Shells.

Spent fuel cell make 1 plutonium, but requires 2 spent fuel cells and 1 plutonium makes 2 fuel cells through MOX fuels recipe, so MOX fuel cells appear to be working as intended, unless I'm missing something. (This is with K2)

Almost all of these recipes are ones I did not set and they are part of their respective mods.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

something is reducing every mining drill's pollution to a negligible amount (they are intentionally high in normal IR2 because they are huge, expensive, eco-unfriendly, and very fast)

tiered machines changed by this mod require machines of the previous tier (unless they're IR2's recipes) which goes against IR2's style

also note that krastorio's fuel cell recipe makes one big fuel cell worth 50 Gj on stead of 10 worth 8 Gj. the recent update changed it to make 10 fuel cells worth 50 Gj. this might be intentional but if so the U-238 requirement is a bit odd (in vanilla, K2,and IR2 the cells take 19 fertile and 1 fissile uranium per recipe. if you want realism you could have 1 Pu239 and 39 u238 make two times as many cells as the uranium cell recipe, but the reprocessing recipe would need a lot of cells and breeder cells tend to be more 4 Pu239 and 16 u238).

IR2 adds lead and steel scraps to their reprocessing recipe so you can recover some of those plates as scraps, and K2 turns lost fissile material into stone and a chance at making tritium. this change would be nice in both uranium and breeder fuel reprocessing.

2 years ago

This mod isn't touching the pollution amounts from IR2's mining drills, and when I tried it, the last tier of mining drill from IR2 is 60/m, which seems to be right.

The only tiered machines changed by this mod that requires machines of previous tiers is Advanced Lab from K2 being required by Quantum Lab, which can be disabled through the setting.

I forgot K2 changes the Uranium Fuel Cell value, so I will remove that.

I can try adding the scraps from IR2 as results, but you should try asking K2 developers if they could add the chance of Tritium in Breeder Fuel Reprocessing so it will be in base K2.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

the issue on the top is because of krastorio, i told the developers and am waiting for response.

the advanced and superior belts need belts need the previous tier, tier 4 assembly machines need two assembly machines (but due to the rarity of lasers it is probably ideal to need a bunch of field effectors or a long tech delay before they become accessible to incentivize tier 3 assemblers at some point.), nuclear locomtives, personal armor, tanks, armor modules, railgun turrets, advanced radar, large roboports, and other things. although that might be a lot of effort.

another thing that might be IR2-style is if those things used large and small iron, carbon steel, stainless steel, and maybe chromed steel, imersite, and rare metal casings, but that could also be a lot of effort. i could try making the artwork for them and send them over discord if you are interested.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I'm not too hung up over the art style, since it is 2 different overhaul mods. It would be neat to have better integration into them, but I'm not exactly a professional modder. Making them more IR2 style wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't be sure what would be the best changes to the recipes.
My discord is RusselRaZe#2369, so we could try to implement it if you'd like, but no guarantees.

2 years ago

With circuit recipes you could do what AAI/SE does and have both recipes. In this case a wood recipe and a glass recipe. With the former made a little more expensive wood wise so the latter is the better recipe overall and the former can be used earlier (note I don't really know where glass is unlock in IR2).

2 years ago

Hi! Thank you for your mod! I want to ask you about "pistol ammo recipe". It is in game, but i can't find "pistol" itself. Maybe you should delete 2 recipes for ammo, or add pistol from K2?
Thank you anyway!
Sorry for my english, I speak Russian better)))

2 years ago

Fixed Pistol recipe being unlocked. It is unlocked with Military technology.

2 years ago

I see that you remade a Military technology. But it's not work.
:)
Pistol ammo recipe on start of the game yet. Pistol recipe not added after research.
Thank you for your job and fast answer on my messages.

2 years ago

Oh, I think the reason that Pistol ammo is available at the start of the game is because of Krastorio 2.
If you're a Patreon, you start off with an Accelerator (which is an stronger version of the Pistol), which is why Pistol Ammo is available at the start.
The pistol recipe itself was still hidden so I missed that. It should be fixed now in the recent version.

2 years ago

Thank you for two patches in one day. Now everything works perfectly!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

First of all
Thnks for great work with this mod. Personally I think that combo if IR2/KR2 is great, so I love to see fixes
Now there issomething that bugs me a bit, tough it is mostly a detail

For some reason, when I use Kiln to create "charcoal, it will actually make krasorio's Coke while charcoal itself is under that "unnown" tab in crafting and can't be created at all.

The problem is that coke is accesible from steel milestone (so far away from the start) and have much bigger polution factor, so it is not really good for start of the game

thanks

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

First of all
Thnks for great work with this mod. Personally I think that combo if IR2/KR2 is great, so I love to see fixes

For some reason, when I use Kiln to create "charcoal, it will actually make krasorio's Coke while charcoal itself is under that "unnown" tab in crafting and can't be created at all.

The problem is that coke is accesible from steel milestone (so far away from the start) and have much bigger polution factor, so it is not really good for start of the game

thanks

Sorry for late response, I haven't played Factorio in a long time. I'll try to see if I can look into this.

2 years ago

First of all

thanks

After looking at the mods, again I believe this is done through Krastorio 2.
Krastorio 2 merges its Coke with Industrial Revolution's Charcoal (since they're essentially the same item)

Charcoal can still be made with Kiln using Wood, it seems.
The Steel Milestone is just a way to increase production of Charcoal in order to make more Steel and the cost of energy and higher pollution.

2 years ago

Thanks for response

I did try it again in new game, but the issue is still the same. Create charcoal (4MJ energy and no additional polution) makes Coke 10MJ energy and 225% polution, so they are not same item.

I'm not modder, just user, but I did noticed that with your mod on, the Charcoal and Coke use same updated picture (sprite?) tough when I disable your mod the issue persists (but game uses default Krastorio Coke sprite). So I suppose it is in Krastorio somewhere.

Disabling fuel rebalance in Krastorio mod Settings does not change it either (only rebalance (debalance) fuel values)

'Anyway, as I said it is mostly a detail, it is not gamebreaking or anything. The biggest issue I see is my ADHD and the fact that in Deadworld mode for example, it helps quite a lot with polution before you set up proper defenses because getting to proper technology is lot more complicated proces with IR2/Krastorio2 combo

2 years ago

Thanks for response

I did try it again in new game, but the issue is still the same. Create charcoal (4MJ energy and no additional polution) makes Coke 10MJ energy and 225% polution, so they are not same item. (tough when you do math it does actually is same values)

I'm not modder, just user, but I did noticed that with your mod on, the Charcoal and Coke use same updated picture (sprite?) tough when I disable your mod the issue persists (but game uses default Krastorio Coke sprite). So I suppose it is in Krastorio somewhere.

Disabling fuel rebalance in Krastorio mod Settings does not change it either (only rebalance (debalance) fuel values)

'Anyway, as I said it is mostly a detail, it is not gamebreaking or anything. The biggest issue I see is my ADHD and the fact that in Deadworld mode for example, it helps quite a lot with polution before you set up proper defenses because getting to proper technology is lot more complicated proces with IR2/Krastorio2 combo

2 years ago

OK - I'm deeply sorry for repost (I have some issues with mozilla) and I tried to update my last response

Now when I actually do math, I do realize that values are really the same (1 Coke does the same polution as 2,5 pieces of charcoal) and I did not realized it before

so I'm sorry for wasting your time

2 years ago

OK - I'm deeply sorry for repost (I have some issues with mozilla) and I tried to update my last response

Now when I actually do math, I do realize that values are really the same (1 Coke does the same polution as 2,5 pieces of charcoal) and I did not realized it before

so I'm sorry for wasting your time

Oh, no worries! Don't need to apologize for it.
This mod changes the picture to Industrial Revolution 2's for consistency, and that's all it does regarding Coke and Charcoal. Krastorio 2 is the mod that
"merges" them together, so that you don't have both Coke and Charcoal even though they both do the same thing.

Enjoy Factorio-ing :D

2 years ago

anyway - there is one other thing that I'm quite certain it is a bug

when you get Bronze Milestone, you get access to "Heavy Roller" technology, basicly and unarmed tank that crush trees
to create it, you need a "copper boiler" which implies that it is a steam powered vehicle that should consume burnable fuels

but it actually uses refined vehicle fuel and since this fuel is MUCH further down the tech tree, you can't basicly use this vehicle early game when you get it.
and when you finally get that fuel, you are just step away from car technology and roller is almost obsolete

As such I am quite positive it was intended for burnable fuel and it is just ommision

I'm not asking you to make a new mod version because of me, but if you tell me where and how, I'm sure it can be changed in lua script, so the roller uses same fuels as monowheel or burner insterter

I would appreciate it and change the line myself, if it is possible

thanks

2 years ago

anyway - there is one other thing that I'm quite certain it is a bug

when you get Bronze Milestone, you get access to "Heavy Roller" technology, basicly and unarmed tank that crush trees
to create it, you need a "copper boiler" which implies that it is a steam powered vehicle that should consume burnable fuels

but it actually uses refined vehicle fuel and since this fuel is MUCH further down the tech tree, you can't basicly use this vehicle early game when you get it.
and when you finally get that fuel, you are just step away from car technology and roller is almost obsolete

As such I am quite positive it was intended for burnable fuel and it is just ommision

I'm not asking you to make a new mod version because of me, but if you tell me where and how, I'm sure it can be changed in lua script, so the roller uses same fuels as monowheel or burner insterter

I would appreciate it and change the line myself, if it is possible

thanks

The way to fix that would be to have the heavy roller support both chemical fuel (most burnable items) and vehicle-fuel if the K2 rebalance vehicles and fuels are enabled.

2 years ago

I do have rebalance active, I'mk pretty sure it is enough to change one line or so
but I don't know what exactly
I could probably figure it out, by finding lines of burning inserter, boiler and monowheel, but I'm not modder so I don't want to risk screwing something up

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

so I did a bit of digging and found this (I did not change anything only copied parts of the script into other .txt for reference)

local monowheel = {
name = "monowheel",
type = "car",
alert_icon_shift = {0,voffset},
animation = {
layers = {
DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/monowheel-shadow", 8, 1, 1, true, 3, 8, 256, 160, 0, 0, 256, 160, {1.5,voffset+0.75}, nil, nil, nil, 64, false),
DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/monowheel-base", 8, 1, 1, false, 3, 8, 192, 192, 0, 0, 192, 192, {0,voffset}, nil, nil, nil, 64, false),
DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/monowheel-tracks", 8, 3, 3, false, nil, 8, 192, 192, 0, 0, 192, 192, {0,voffset}, nil, nil, nil, 64, false),
},
},
light_animation = DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/monowheel-glow", 8, 1, 1, "glow", 3, 8, 192, 192, 0, 0, 192, 192, {0,voffset}, "additive", nil, nil, 64, false),
braking_power = "100kW",
burner = {
effectivity = 1,
fuel_categories = {"chemical","battery"},
fuel_inventory_size = 1,
burnt_inventory_size = 1,
smoke = smoke,
},

local roller = {
name = "heavy-roller",
type = "car",
alert_icon_shift = {0,voffset},
animation = {
layers = {
DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/heavy-roller-shadow", 8, 1, 1, true, 3, 8, 384, 256, 0, 0, 384, 256, {1,voffset+0.5}, nil, nil, nil, 64, false),
DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/heavy-roller-base", 8, 1, 1, false, 3, 8, 256, 256, 0, 0, 256, 256, {0,voffset}, nil, nil, nil, 64, false),
DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/heavy-roller-tracks", 8, 3, 3, false, nil, 8, 256, 256, 0, 0, 256, 256, {0,voffset}, nil, nil, nil, 64, false),
},
},
light_animation = DIR.get_multi_layer("vehicles/heavy-roller-glow", 8, 1, 1, "glow", 3, 8, 256, 256, 0, 0, 256, 256, {0,voffset}, "additive", nil, nil, 64, false),
braking_power = "600kW",
burner = {
effectivity = 1,
fuel_categories = {"chemical","battery"},
fuel_inventory_size = 2,
burnt_inventory_size = 2,
smoke = smoke,
-- emissions_per_minute = 6,
},

I suppose THIS would be where you set what fuel vehicel uses (specifically that burner = { part)

but both vehicles seems to have same setting to me, so WHY does roller accept only vehicle fuel and not burnables while monowheel does

can the issue be elsewhere?

New response