RS Base Scanner

Scans a selected area for some issues, such as backwards belts and beacons without modules

Utilities
8 days ago

i Some Suggestions

1 year, 8 days ago
(updated 1 year, 8 days ago)

Tested your mod. Here are some suggestions mixed with a bug report:
Would be cool if labels can be removed without destroying and rebuilding the entity. Currently, the label gets removed, but the orange box remains (at least for some time).
Assembly machines are "missing productivity" for non-intermediate products. If the product is not intermediate, you can add functionality and an option to check for speed modules (or efficiency 1 modules for the death world/special mod players).
If chemical plants and assembly machines with fluid recipes could be tested for input fluid (or at least a connected pipe), that would be awesome. (Can be found with 0% utilization using Utilization Monitor Blargh by Blargh2015 [https://mods.factorio.com/mod/UtilizationMonitorBlargh])
Could also check for pipe orphans. Yes Orphan Finder by GotLag does this, but would be nice if that functionality could be built in (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Orphan%20Finder)
Niche case, but the tool could check if entities do not have power. (There are mods that make the "no power" graphic smaller or completely invisible)
Another niche case, could check if something is too fast. For example, a random blue underground belt on a red belt line.
I am assuming checking fluid levels would be difficult or impossible. Usually those are pretty easy to spot, especially combined with the orphan finder.

1 year, 6 days ago

Thanks for your suggestions!

Would be cool if labels can be removed without destroying and rebuilding the entity.

You can, by selecting the tool again. I clarified this a bit more now.

Currently, the label gets removed, but the orange box remains (at least for some time).

Oops, now both should get removed.

Assembly machines are "missing productivity" for non-intermediate products. If the product is not intermediate, you can add functionality and an option to check for speed modules (or efficiency 1 modules for the death world/special mod players).

I might implement this at some later time.

If chemical plants and assembly machines with fluid recipes could be tested for input fluid (or at least a connected pipe), that would be awesome.

Implemented! I'm checking for connections to any other fluidbox. Let me know if there are some bugs with this.

Could also check for pipe orphans. Yes Orphan Finder by GotLag does this, ...

I also use that mod sometimes. I always hate how it complains about tileable builds ending in undergrounds, so I made my mod now only report completely isolated undergrounds or undergrounds with a potential intended neighbor just out-of-reach. I also implemented belt orphan detection.

Niche case, but the tool could check if entities do not have power. (There are mods that make the "no power" graphic smaller or completely invisible)

I though about this earlier, but thought it wasn't really necessary. Why would mods remove the warning?

Another niche case, could check if something is too fast. For example, a random blue underground belt on a red belt line.

I guess, but I don't think that would cause any problems so I don't think it's worth it.

I am assuming checking fluid levels would be difficult or impossible.

You mean actually check the usage/delivery? Yeah I think so, in any case, it would warn about builds that are not activated yet, which is not really what I want.

8 months ago
(updated 8 months ago)

Niche case, but the tool could check if entities do not have power.

I've implemented this now (although only for crafting machines, at least for now), but disabled it by default in the per-player mod settings.

New response